Looking For Job

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by awesomemom, Apr 5, 2013.

1. awesomemom

awesomemom Senior IL'ite

Hi, I am a Special Educator and have been taking one-on-one remedial tuitions for children with special needs. I will be moving to Singapore in the near future and would like to know the options available for me in the job front. Can anyone help?

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Awesome,

Love your user name girl! it just give a bright and fresh feeling :)

There seems to be many openings (I just googled) and the requirement seems to be a diploma in special education or DPT. You can start applying directly online to them and let them get back to you. You can also approach trustworthy consultants for a job, and get the job before you come (i am not sure if that is possible for teachers, not sure if they insist of one-on-one interview before offering the job). Of course you can apply for the job after coming over here.

If you come over and start hunting for a job, you will be entering on DP and will have to work with an LOC (Letter of Consent) or the employer may sponsor an EP for you.

All the best!

It takes a special person to take on the role of a special educator, I am sure you know this but I want to thank you for being that special person and bettering the lives of many children.... hats off to you for being you!

1 person likes this.
  3. awesomemom

awesomemom Senior IL'ite

Hi Akila, thanks for the prompt and useful reply and your inspiring words. Nice to know that there are many openings. Yes, you are right.i will definitely have to attend one-on-one interviews. So I think I would better start the search after coming there. My user name?..... I was honoured with that title by my 16 yr old daughter and her friends :)

1 person likes this.
  4. aish1987

aish1987 New IL'ite

Hi, I'm getting married and will be relocating to Singapore in the start of next year.I've completed MPhil and so want to know about teaching prospects in Singapore schools.