Review for Khalsa Kindergarten

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by Madsjosh, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Madsjosh

Madsjosh New IL'ite

Does anyone have a kid schooling in Khalsa Kindergarten.
    I am considering sending my child there in Jan 2012 for nursery.

I would appreciate a review of the kindergarten in terms of the following
    Quality of education and educators
    Bus service

Thanks

2. VarshaAvinash

VarshaAvinash New IL'ite

Hi,
    Did you get any further details about Khalsa? Did your child studied here? How is the quality and facility overall.

I am planning to sent my child next year. Appreciating sincere feedback's.
    Thanks in advance

3. Tavishi25

Tavishi25 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    my friends kids are going to that school ,they used to tell me that its nice . My kids are going to local school only.if u want any information i will ask her and inform you.
    wish u good luck for child.

4. VarshaAvinash

VarshaAvinash New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to know regarding the classes. Is the school teaching good enough for the children to learn languages or Do they need to go for extra classes.

5. momIndu

momIndu New IL'ite

Hi

I would like to review about khalsa.
    I had my kid there in Khalsa last year hearing that it is a very good school. And it used to be infact 2-3 yrs back.
    But from my experience and of course parents from other kids, the school seems to be really horrible.

1) They have in experienced teachers AS WELL and unfortunately if your kid falls in her class, then her/his year is gone for a toss. From my experience no improvement for my child for the entire year
    2)In spite of repeated complaints from several parents they don't change teachers
    3) There are cases where teachers beats or throws the marker to kids, if the kid is naughty.
    4) Infrastructure not so great, in fact its BAD
    5) No teachers accompany kids to washrooms and there are no tissues in
    washrooms
    6) I personally saw kids running around, going to washrooms with no one attending them in 15 mins of my wait time in school when i went to pick my kid.
    7) Kids fight and the teachers are unaware of the big fights and injuries that happen to kids.
    8) The show and tell is for namesake. The teachers just ask the child if the TELLING is over and then asks him/her to sit down. NO Scope for improvement.

Hence ladies, please think twice before sending your child to Khalsa.The fees is less. But the quality is also degrading accordingly. Instead you can send to nearby schools I would say if fees is the concern.

6. Tavishi25

Tavishi25 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your review momindu.
    any other parent sending there child to Khalsa? How do you feel?

7. Mumvoice

Mumvoice New IL'ite

Hi.I do agree to whatever momindu said.My kids also studied in Khalsa kindergarten.The teachers there beat the child and when parent questions them they don't like.Secondly parents send kids bcoz there is hindi,swimming but believe me they don't learnanything.We end up sending them for other classes outside.Secondly teachers have attitude problem. They just don't bother and are rude while talking to parents. I will not say all the teachers but yes the higher class teachers specially K2. They are just not bothered about our child's safety. kids fight and end up hurting. My personal experience was really bad.If any one is considering khalsa plss think ten times I would say.One main important point I would like to stress is they talk negative about the child at the PTM.