moving to singapore for job

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by ashwini999, Oct 7, 2010.

1. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

i was offered a job opportunity with citigroup in singapore for a salary of 7000 singapore dollar NET per month.please let me know, how much will be the tax and is this pay sufficient for a family of 3..with good savings after all the expenses.also how is working with citigroup in singapore.also how does tax system works in singapore..i heard it gradually increases every year..is that true..also, what is CPF and how does it affects my take home salary.

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Aswini

Welcome to Singapore.

S$7000 is reasonably good pay. And definitely it is suffiecient for a family of 3 and to save a bit.

Regarding CPF, generally for Employment pass holders you wont be having any CPF. But again if your employer wants to contribute for your CPF , you may have CPF and you will have to come up with your share. (CPF is compulsory only for PRs and Citizens)

For the tax and other details you may want to check out this website: IRAS: Home

All the best!

3. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

:thumbsupHi ashiwini,

:cheersCongratulations!....

As based on my experience, $7000 is quite manageable and sufficient too.
    I have worked under citigroup in yesteryears. Its good to work with them and they are well known paymasters!...