Who Am I? - Part 5

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by IL_Admin, May 18, 2011.

1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies!

One hallmark of a good community is how well members know and connect with each other.

Our community is far flung. We have members not only from India, US, UK, Singapore etc, we also have members from Republic of Congo, Cyprus, Iraq, Afghanistan, Botswana etc. Even though we are all geographically distant, we can use this forum to know each other well and build a personal connection. The internet can truly make distance disappear!

In an effort to build a tight-knit community, we are starting this thread named "Who am I?" where members can write their profile for others to read. I am going to kick-off this thread with a brief profile about myself. Please feel free to add yours.

Let's know each other beyond login IDs!

Thank you.

2. bramvi

bramvi Silver IL'ite

Not sure if this is the right place for introductions, but anyway I am Bramvi, brand new member to the Indus ladies.
    I can see that I am going to have a a good time here. :cheers
    Hopefully I will bring is something good/usefull for the other members too in some way or the other..:)
    Bramvi

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Welcome to this site, bramvi. I also became a member last year. I am enjoying the benefits.

I jsut want to let you know abut the few sites I enjoy.

One is Coffee Mornings. Everyone there seems to be very nice. I never met them, but they are so nice.

Other two sites are about food. Chitra Viswanathan's thread is very good for recipes. If you ask her about anything under the sun, she knows. ( recipes, cultures and religions etc etc)

Ohter one is what side dish you make and What did you cook ? ( not exact title, but you can find out).

I live cine gossips. They have threads for it too.

One problems with site is that you are hooked. so finish all your work and enjoy this site.

CL:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bramvi,

Welcome to IL. That is a lovely, warm, enthusiastic welcome you have got from our Coffeelover. Well, she is a good example of the kind of friends you will find here. So am sure you will really enjoy being here and looking forward to contributions from you.

19 people like this.
  5. CherryAndChintu

CherryAndChintu Senior IL'ite

Hi ILs,

I have subscribed to this few months back and I regularly watch Book Lovers section and participating in book challenge 2011.

I am from Andhra and now settled in Chennai after marriage. Have two kids whose nick names are Cherry and Chintu. Working in IT

First thread I read is '21 golden rules for indian women' .. Got impressed by that and totally agree to them. From then onwards daily spending some time watching this site. Following the first rule.. spend time for ourselves.... :)

Hope I will get good friends here ....

Regards,
    CherryAndChintu

6. satchitananda

Hi CherryandChintu,

Delighted to have you. Hearty welcome to you. Since you are already familiar with IL, I suppose no more intrduction is required. We look to your active participations on the forums and can assure you, there will be no dearth of friends on this site.

7. bramvi

bramvi Silver IL'ite

Thanks All for the warm welcome :)

8. vidyamukund

vidyamukund Bronze IL'ite

Hello everyone.. i am Vidya... although i am new to IL, the discoverd quiet a bit about this site. with every login, there is only more and more new surprises and learning......

Delighted to be here......:thumbsup

Regards,
    Vidya Mukundan

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  9. satchitananda

Hi Vidya,

Welcome to IL. Nice to know that you are actively exploring the site and that you like what you have seen so far. Hoping that the process continues and that we will be able to see you participate actively on the site.

10. prabha2k5

prabha2k5 Senior IL'ite