Noida or Gurgaon - Which is a better place to stay?

Discussion in 'NCR' started by ankitakunwar, Jul 5, 2009.

1. ankitakunwar

ankitakunwar New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Need your help? I'm in a dilemma as my DH is possibly going to be transferred to Delhi. Since we might have to relocate, I'm seeking your advice. Which is a better place to stay - Noida, Gurgaon or Delhi.

Delhi is my last preference since, we are not so used to living in the hustle bustle of metros, but you may still share with me the pros and cons of putting up in Delhi.

Noida or Gurgaon - Please help us decide which is a better city to live considering infrastructural facilities, intra-city transport facilities, Schools, water and electricity, safety, etc. I have a little kid going to school.

Thanks in advance.

Ankita
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. raajiravi

raajiravi New IL'ite

hi ankita,
    your dilemma is obvious bcoz when we have to shift to a new place we hav to look for everything.
    according to me noida is a wonderful place,i stayed there for 4years in sector 51-kendriyavihar appartments,i hav left the place 3yrs ago but still me and my kids missing the place .
    you have good schools in noida like amity,sommerville,dps....many and it is a centre place to all with lots of shopping malls and it is a fast growing city.
    you can choose noida without any hesitation.

raji

3. ankitakunwar

ankitakunwar New IL'ite

Thanks Raji for your valuable information. Which will be the best areas to live in Noida, if you have to commute to Connaught place office? Also, good CBSE schools in your suggested locality.

I'd also like more of my friends in the forum to please help me with your advices and suggestions.

Thanks again.
    Ankita
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. SabinaKhanna

SabinaKhanna New IL'ite

Hi Ankita,

My vote for Noida...perhaps because I live here and have been enjoying my stay. :thumbsup

I agree like many others that 'safety' is a concern in Noida and I guess it is the same for any cities. I'd suggest opting for gated communities as the solution to your security concern.
    <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype> Its a great city to live, splash your incomes in some of the best shopping malls, multiplexes, fine dining restaurants, etc.

It is also one of the hubs of software and BPO industry, and is fast transforming into an investment destination for many top notch companies in software and media. Sectors like 26, 14, 15, 37, 34, 93A are extremely safe to relocate... Moreover, accessibility to <st1:city><st1:place>Delhi</st1:place></st1:city> is also good however it depends on the mode of commutation you use. Good CBSE schools include DPS, Ryan International, Amity International to name a few..

Hope this helps.

Sabina
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->

5. ankitakunwar

ankitakunwar New IL'ite

Thank you Sabina for the information. I can see Noida ladies batting hard for Noida as the suitable destination. I'm really at my wits end? My child's admission in the mid-session might also be a problem. :hide:
    Will ladies from Gurgaon and Delhi also help me in my decision making?
    Looking forward to your replies.

Ankita

6. snesun

snesun New IL'ite

hi ankita....

have you shifted.?........even i am shifting to noida by oct first week..........i am looking for the good cbse schools for my sons 8 &4 yrs old........if you have found any, who will be giving admissions this time....please let me know.....but i am not interested in any schools who will be charging above 50k........as i feel it is sheer waste of money for such small kids.......

7. PINKYANKA023

PINKYANKA023 New IL'ite

noida is better place for staying.......

8. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

Noida is my choice as well

9. sameerkaul

sameerkaul New IL'ite

No, I disagree on NOIDA being a good place to stay, because the water is very hard and dirty, the place is very dusty because of lots of construction and intrial areas, people are very conservative and communal here who are staying here since ages, rental is too high for no reason, and electricity problem also there, ontop mosqitoes everywr.... hell is noida... NOT RECOMMENDED

10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Noida---- better infrastructure. Better planned.Good schools.
    Gurgaon----better night life. More trendy.Good schools .Less planned than Noida but things are getting better.

crime...bad in both places. Public transportation is bad in both places.(metro is there in both places but right now more to connect to other places in ncr than locally.)

Gurgaon is more expensive in terms of living and rent.

Both places are culturally confused as you will find a mix of metro life and conservative rural life in close proximity. Most locals will be with modern lifestyle but conservative rural mentality. If you are not from the region....look for places with most rental population as they are more likely to be from diverse regions of the country.

Whichever place you chose ,be prepared for rough summers and the most amazingly colorful winters(beautiful flowers).Best wishes.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.