1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Metformin and Evecare

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by Piya77, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Piya77

Piya77 New IL'ite

HI

I am taking metformin as I've been diagnosed with PCOS. I got my periods today and it was very painful. I had also ordered himalaya's evecare last month.

Am wondering if anyone has taken evecare along with metformin.
    Does it cause any adverse effects it taken together ?
    Please let me know.

Also, how should one take evecare, can it be taken during periods ?
    Should it be stopped if I conceive ?

Thanks

2. babu

babu Silver IL'ite

Evecare has a regularising influance on the menustral cycle. Its available in cyrup and capsule. You can consult your physician to priscribe the dosage that suits to your condition.

it is not known to have any side effect.

you can continue the usage till you get conceive confirmation.

no clue about metformin

bk

3. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

dear piya,

please visit the thread on PCOS and metformin, just search here itself.....

Take care

cheers,

4. archana2804

archana2804 New IL'ite

Hi there!

I have this exact same question, only a few years later!

My gynaec suggested evecare and my endocrinologist has suggested glycomet 250 for PCOS and to raise my chances of conceiving.

I'm wondering now if I can take both?!! How did it go with you? Please help!

Thanks much!

Archana

5. Piya77

Piya77 New IL'ite

Hi Archana

I did take Metformin for 3 months and I conceived within that time period and also continued it for the first 3 months after conception on advice of doctor. I didnt take evecare.
    But besides this, I took a lot of precautions and am mentioning it here so that it would help you.
    Even before I started trying to conceive rather as a practice, I try and avoid eating processed junk foods or even made at home with maida. I never had late periods but just before I started trying to conceive I had too much painful periods as well as slightly delayed periods upto 40 days.
    On advice of a person I started drinking warm water whenever I drank water. This was mind you everytime I drank. Also, I stopped eating white rice, I would only chapathis and whatever sabji I would have. I also tried to not add too much coriander in everything (as I've heard that isnt good for conceiving).
    Most importantly I started doing specific yoga exercises. I used to little bit before this, but changed it up. I stopped doing inverted poses eg. Sarvangasana even though it is said to be good, looks like it started my painful periods. PCOS people have tendency to get bloated and that adds up to our lower tension in body.
    If you are interested in knowing the asanas which I did, they are Utthita trikonasana, uttitha parvasakonasa, both the warrier poses, Supta badhakonasa(are good for conception). I used to do this regularly. I used to do kapalbhati just after the periods till for 10 days or so, then stop, in case am ovulating, conceived etc. But I did anulom vilom regularly for 10 mts throughout the cycle, It is safe. Trust your inner self and body and it will happen as you can make it happen. Stay calm and focused. All the best.

2 people like this.