1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Sampradaya Chikitsa (Ayurveda + Yoga + Naturopathy)

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by babu, Feb 9, 2009.

1. babu

babu Silver IL'ite

Herbs that Can Cure
    ===============

Common Name : Sankupushpi

Sanskrit name : Mangalya kusumam

Parts Used : the whole part is used in Ayurveda systemof medicine

It pacifies tridoshas, especially vata pitta dominating disorders.

It contains Glycosids,coumarins, flavonoids, alkaloids

• The whole herb is used medicinally in the form of decoction with cumin and milk in fever, nervous debility, loss of memory, also in syphilis, and scrofula. '. Shankhapushpi is used as a brain tonic.
    • The root is used by the santals, for intermittent childhood fever.
    • The leaves are made into cigarettes and smoked in chronic bronchitis and asthma.
    • The plant is useful in internal haemorrhages.
    • The oil promotes the growth of hair. Decoction was given in cases of malarial fever'. Evolvulus abinoides has got antidysenteric and antiseptic properties".
    • It is used as a Rasayan.
    • Is used as a tonic, alterative and febrifuge. It is a sovereign remedy in bowel complaints especially dysentery.
    • The plant is reported to be a prominent memory improving drug. It is used as a psychostimulant and tranquilizer. It is reported to reduce mental tension. The ethanolic extract of the plant reduces total serum cholesterol, triglycerides, phospholipids and nonesterfied fatty-acid.
    For information

babu

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Babu Thanks for info can diabetics use Shankpushpi. My Dh is diabetic has lots of stress at workplace can he take Shankapushpi n in what form?

I myself am suffering from Hypothyroid n my blood calcium level is 6 pls suggest me a good ayurvedic medicine mantra etc..........

I doo suffer from gas n flatulence also........

3. babu

babu Silver IL'ite

Dear Mrs. vj,

Can i get some more details regarding both of you, like age,sex,present medication if any etc..

Sample case sheet is attached in 6th or 7th page of this thread.

rgds

babu

4. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Hi Babu,

i am 38 years old. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and my TSH level is 7.35. My doc says that becoz my thyroid level is high, my periods are not regular. he has prescribed me eltroxin 50 mg daily.

is there any way that my periods get regular and i get pregnant?

regards
    banu

5. babu

babu Silver IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Banu,

In sampradaya ayurveda "Asokarishtam" and " Sukumaram kashayam" are the most excellent medicine to regularise periods and boosting chances for pregnancy. Common method of taking these medicines are 15 ml sukumaran kashaya with 45 ml boiled cooled water daily morning empty stomach. asokarishta 15 ml each after breakfast and dinner. Please try to avoid too much of oil,red chilly,tamarind etc. Thease medicines can be used with current medication. Preferable you can seek a second openion regarding this. Thease medication has to continue till a course of 90 days [ 3 months] without break.

With prayers,

Babu

"Even though Ayurvedic medicines are not known to have any side effects, it is recommended to take openion from a physician before using drugs"

6. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Babu,

thanks a lot fo your advice. i will try these medicines too.

regards
    banu

7. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Re: Lower back pain

Dear Babu,

Banu here again!!! My husband is 46 years old and he always complains of lower back pain. We consulted the physicians, took scans, x-rays etc. He was also give physiotherapy and told to do some exercises. The doc says that it is the muscle around the spine which is weak and when it is stained, it pains including the spinal cord. he cannot sit or stand for a long time.

Tried all types of ayurvedic and allopathic medicines and oils. But the pain still persists.

Please advice

8. babu

babu Silver IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Bhanu,

It is advised to follow the following sampradaya medicine preferable from kottackal aryavaidya sala.
    "Rasna sapthakam" Kashaya - 20 ml each with 60 ml boiled cool water before food [around 7 am morning and 5.30-6pm evening]

karpuradi oil + dhanwantharam oil mix 2 cap each and warm the oil then apply to the full back area give a gentle massage from top spinal to bottom. after 10 minutes dip a cotton cloth in hot water sqeese it and just press it the applied area.

within 30 days you can read the progress.

regards,

babu

9. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Babu,

Thanks a lot for this advice. i will definitely follow your instructions and get back to you on the progress.

10. banujaga

banujaga Gold IL'ite

Babu,

you have advised us to take the medicine at 7-30 a.m. and between 5-30 to 6-00 p.m. My husband comes back home only at 7-00 p.m. Is is ok, if he takes the medicine at 7-30 p.m.? Please let me know.