1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Fenugreek seeds are very useful in Arthritis pain

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by Alka Sharma, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Alka Sharma

Alka Sharma New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I wanna share my experience with everyone. From past 2 years my husband was feeling pain and tenderness in his right knee. It was difficult for him to walk continously for half an hour. He is an IT manager, in the office he has to stand for 2-3 hours in a row because it's his job demand. Two month ago my father told me about fenugreek seeds and it's good results. Now my husband from the past 2 months he is taking 1 spoon of fenugreek seeds powder in the morning (empty stomach) with lukewarm water and at night he is taking olive oil massage( not harshly only with light hands).

Now he is perfectly alright and can stand up on his toes for an hours not feeling pain anymore.

Cheers,

Admin Note: Do check the following articles and discussion on joint pain and remedies

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/86951-home-remedies-for-joint-pains.html
    Relief from Joint Pain
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/senior-citizens/114290-happy-joints-read-remedy-joint.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/71489-remedy-for-my-knees-pain.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/116419-healthy-joints-for-healthy-life.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/8745-knee-pain.html

Alka :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013

2. Priya0425

Priya0425 New IL'ite

Hi Alka

Very timely info. I have been having pain in the right knee for last couple of days-pain while bending knee.Will try out this method

Thanks
    Priya

3. preethi rao

preethi rao New IL'ite

Thank you very much. I will ask my mother to try this also.

4. pratapa

pratapa New IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the information. It will be very useful for my mother.

5. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for the useful info. A group of members in the diet section are already taking fenugreek seeds early in the morning on empty stomach and being benefitted out of it.So im sure methi has much medicinal value and is used for various purposes. It is also a good source for lactation as i was suggested to take fenugreek tablets when i was nursing my kids.

vani

6. Alka Sharma

Alka Sharma New IL'ite

Hi All,

I wanna add one more thing if you take
    1 tsp triphala churn at night with 1/2 to 1 cup lukewarm water , you will feel better results.

You know why this arthritis pain happen Because of poor digestive system. According to ayurveda arthritis is caused primarily by an excess of ama and lack of agni.This can be caused by poor digestion and a weakened colon, resulting in the accumulation of undigested food and the buildup of waste matter. Poor digestion allows toxins to accumulate in the body, and problems with the colon allow the toxins to reach the joints.Therefore to treat arthritis one has to stimulate the digestive fire (agni) and to suppress the ama.the main active dosha, brings the ama into the colon, and from there it travels through the system and lodges in the bone tissue and in the joints, giving rise to the stiffness and pain characteristic of arthritis.Ayurveda attempts to remove the ama from the joint and bring it back to the colon, and then to eliminate it. To do this, we need to keep the colon clean.That's why triphala churn is good for digestive system.

Also you have to do feet raising exercises for stomach for strong digestive system.

Please let me know about it's results 'coz it's the best.

All the best,

Alka

shravs3 likes this.
  7. kachapapad

kachapapad New IL'ite

I got arthritis like pain after a fever and doctor termed it as Reactive arthritis. All the joints in my body started aching. Though pain killers were giving some relief I did not want to depend on them.
    I started doing Pranayama for half an hour everday and I feel a lot better.My joints dont ache much now.I am also doing stretching excercises and I feel good. I read in some sites that Brahmari and Bhastrika pranayama are very helpful for joint pains but iam doing the seven types Ramdev baba advises.

Hope this helps.

8. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

my dad had knee pain he took amways multivitamins and it went.