1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

"camphor".,

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by chaitanya01, Aug 5, 2008.

1. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

bonk This can be made at home. Very easy!!!!
    Add a camphor[powdered]"pachaikarpporam" to your coconut oil.Mix it well.Can be used after 24 hours.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  2. regi_sr

regi_sr New IL'ite

HI DEAR,

Will this reduce dandruff

3. Ruksana

Ruksana Guest

Hi Dear

It is true that camphor is used to grow long hair. I personally use camphor for my hair and now i have lovely long and thick hair. Earlier had very small hair but after using camphor i got long hair. You have to only put camphor in your coconut oil - let the camphor melt and then u can use that oil on your hair. What i do is when i bring a new coconut oil bottle i put few camphor in it and use it

Try and see the difference- it works

Ruksana

4. sharmy

sharmy Senior IL'ite

Is camphor is the same one we use to light to God at the end of pooja or is it different? I bought one which labelled as "camphor" but its similar to the one we light to God. If its different than please anyone just attach the picture of it.

5. nags

nags Silver IL'ite

Hi Sharmy,

The camphor used to light for god is different.
    Pachkarpooram is one used for cooking. You can try in grocery stores which are in East ham. there are many indian stores owned usually by tamilians and srilankans so you can for sure get there.
    this seems to be a sanskrit word. so in all south indian languages it is referred so (excuse if incorrect)

6. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

How much should you put... quantity?

7. sharmy

sharmy Senior IL'ite

Thank you nags for your reply. I was thinking its same and going to mix the one we use to light for Godbonkgreat escape Big Laugh

8. sharmy

sharmy Senior IL'ite

Hi Nags,

I went to some tamil stores and asked about pachkarpooram, the shop owners reply was " What is that?":hide: Could you please attach image of its.

Is it like a leaf? I serached on google and found its english name is "Edible Camphor" but there isn't any clear image available to see it. Does it look like normal pooja karpooram?????????:spin

Please someone clearify about it:bowdown

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  9. nags

nags Silver IL'ite

Sharmi,

Sorry to know you could not find it.
    Yes, it looks like normal karpooram. I got one yest but it was not designed like round or oval (like you see the normal karpoora). it was little chunks, no shapes and smelt like regular karpoora but little light fragrance. i guess you can still do with regular karpoora with little oil and see as I can on some medicinated oils I can see karpoora added, where they do not mention as edible or nonedible.

And also I see you send your queries to Dr Charu on Sidda medicine. (sorry if I am wrong) Why dont you ask her if you can substitute the camphors.

All the best. :cheers

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

We make ayurvedic herbal oil at home following my grandmother's formula. To this, we add pachai karpooram. It gives the oil a gentle fragrance, controls the coldness of the oil and to and extent reduces dandruff. But, it will not promote fast or thick growth of hair. I have been using this oil since birth, my hair is healthy. That apart, pachai karpooram (camphor) does not promote or hasten hair growth.

Please correct me if wrong, I would love to know more about home made herbal hair oils.

Also, can anyone post how to make hair oil using aloe vera gel?? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008