1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Salt helps to get clearer Skin

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by AkshayaATM, Apr 30, 2015.

1. AkshayaATM

AkshayaATM Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I always like to share good things i experience. I had problem of acne and getting dark marks. Also being already dark skinned it worried me a lot.

In some yoga classes i went they advised me to use salt to bath, its for spiritual and physical cleansing. Doing it gave me plenty of other benefits they did not mention. It worked as a charmon my skin.

All i m doing is using salt for bath after my soap bath. No more acnes, My complexion is getting better, even dark marks are going away just after doing it for hardly 15-20 days

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@akshayaATM - This is new information for me. Are you using the regular table salt or something else?
    My American friend always swears by her organic herb infused bath salts. She uses it in her tub but that's probably sea salt.

3. AkshayaATM

AkshayaATM Senior IL'ite

I am using regular salt. But rock salts are very good for this purpose. In spiritual way cleaning with salt is considered to clean the energy field around our body, thus making body feel fresh with good vibrations around.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I sometimes use papaya or lavender salt that i buy sometimes...and the experience is amazing. miss the tub. yes salt makes a wonderful cleanser..

i mill the rocksalt for this purpose..add a few drops of lavender oil or you can add vanilla too..

one of my recipes..

1 cup rock salt..run in a mixie or pestle to a coarse powder.
    2 tsp of almond oil or any other oil you prefer. (many recipes on the net call for more oil, but i prefer it a less oily..)
    essential oil- of your choice..

3 people like this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OMG, Shan. You are an encyclopaedia! When will you write your own book?

6. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

I am tempted to fill my tub and immerse now :)

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

try it.. you will love the feeling..taking a bath with water mixed with rock salt..is not something new..it is there in ayurveda.

dipping yourself in a tub of hot water with salt added relieves of muscle pain,body pain that could have happened due to fluid retention or inflammation..@laks09 you should try this. and epsom salt is more effective because of the magnesium in it.
    we did have rock salt fermentation for back ache..

@vanithasudhir try it...add some chamomile oil, primrose and sleep in....bliss... with water scarcity, and more tub is a luxury for me here.

2 people like this.
  8. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the information.Generally I have heard that we can keep rock salt in a cup in our house anywhere,so that it will generate positive energy.

I will also try try to follow this and update the result here.

9. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@Shanvy, how much salt are you supposed to use? Do you rub onto the body? Does it dry the skin?

In case of tub, can we use a few tablespoons of salt?

10. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

i need some more information......how much salt to be used, and do we need to have a fresh water bath post this salt bath?