1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Re: hi

Hello Dr Charu
    Thanks for ur immediate reply.
    well my periods started getting delayed since last 2 mths other than tht bleeding n all is normal ,as before i do hav 1 daughter aged 2 1/2 yrs old.during delay the gap is around 40 days as before it was around 30 days
    Thanks n Regards
    raji

2. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Babyraji,

The increased gap between ur periods might be because U r anemic. I suggest u take iron and vitamin C supplements starting from this week. Iron one tab at night after food and Vitamin C one tab after lunch. I think U ll get them over the counter in Sinagapore too.

I also suggest u eat dates, apples n jaggery sweets. Jaggery increases iron content as well as regularises the cycle. I suggest u use til ( ellu) and or gingely oil in ur cooking jus before u r due . Start using it from 20th day of ur cycle. (U shud take the first day of ur normal flow as first day for calculating this) and use it until the end of ur period. (like if u have 4 days bleeding use it until that day). This ll ensure that ur uterus evacuates its contents fully.

Regards,
    CC

3. charuchitthra

Hi Grace,

I don remember the brand name for that. It was written soap nut powder. U can ask the people there in the shop and they might be able to help.

Regards,
    CC

4. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hello Dr Charu
    Thanks for ur reply.will follow ur advise n get back.
    Thanks n warm regards
    raji

5. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi Dr.Charu,

My son ( around 5 yrs) is not passing stool daily morning. He does through out the day little dark green poops in his briefs. I asked pediatrician, he says it is normal for children.Please suggest me how to regularise. Please tell me is there any remedy for this problem.

Awaiting your reply.

Thank you !

6. charuchitthra

Hi Veen,
    This is a common problem for the kids. But he is at the right age now to get trained.

Not emptying bowels completely might be due to following reasons

1. Kids not having enough fiber to form bulky stool
    2. Kids not drinking enough water making the stools go dry.
    3. Kids in their haste to play do not empty the bowels properly.
    4. Kids sometime ve constipated stools n ll have pain while trying to pass.

But its entirely in ur hands to regularise his bowel routine n training him to stick to that routine.

Changes u shud make in his diet:

1. Give him one fruit post dinner n 100 ml to 150 ml warm milk before going to bed. To do this u shud train him to ve after an early dinner ( around 8 pm)

2. Kids ll forget to drink water in their haste to play. U shud make ur kid drink atleat 1 to 1.5 l water per day. this ll ease the stool formation.

3. Make him eat lot of green vegetables. ( Oh I know how hard that can be. But this is the right age n time. If u don do it now he ll probably prefer fries n fast food over veggies).

4. Give him handfull of dried grapes to snack on for evening snack r between the meals.

5. Give him warm milk to drink as soon as he brushes up in the morning.

6. Never rush him when he is pooping in the potty ( make him wake up a lil earlier in the morning .so that it gives him sometime to try n poop) and shud always insist he try a little more. ( U can encourage him by saying if he does poop fully he ll be clean n his tummy ll be gud)

7. Try to see if he shows any signs of pain while trying to poop. Sometimes hard stools might ve scartched his passage n it might hurt.

8. Always give him healthy snacks n give less fast food n fried food.

Try this all n get back to me.

Regards,
    CC

7. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Dear Dr. Charu,

Thanks a lot ! Bow Everday after dinner usually I give him Apple. We r vegetarian's so we do consume lot of vegetables. I will follow things suggested by you & give you a feedback on his progress.

Thanks a lot !

veen

8. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Dear Charu madam,

I was able to go to Indian grocers last week ; they had shikai, same as you say was written 'Soap Nut Powder' [ Anil brand ] but it was beyond expiry date !! The date was Jan '08, but the shopkeeper insisted it is ok to use even after that date 'cos it is not eatable .....:eek:mg:....... I wasn't satisfied so didn't purchase.
    On asking about next lot when he'll get fresh, he said only after this finished, he'll order for next batch -----------he's in short knowingly cheating people Rant Rant Rant who purchase without noticing the perishable date !!!!

Guess I have to hunt for any other proper shop in nearby areas or go for Vatika shampoo only ....

Thanks for your advise.

9. charuchitthra

Dear Grace,

That was attrocious act by that shopkeeper. Its like forcing u to take wat he has got. Its not good to use anything beyond the expiry date mentioned by the manufacturer, whether its eatable r not. U did the right thing by not buying that.

Keep looking for it in other Indian grocers .

regards,
    CC

10. fresh_hope

fresh_hope New IL'ite

Hello Dr Charuchitra,

My mother is suffering from hot flashes on the face since a long time. The hot flashes are also accompanied with heart palpitations. The flashes occur any time of the day. She is taking medicine for hypothyroidism n has no other health complications as such. Please suggest some remedy. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.