1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rashmii

rashmii Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dr Charu,
    i have earlier posted my query but could not get any reply from you.
    i am again posting my query, hoping to receive your advise.
    In case there is no cure for this problem of mine in ayurveda - please do tell whether i should consult allopathy doctor .
    My problem is i am not able to have physical contact with my hubby b'coz i do not get aroused. i have this feeling only when i have my menses - those days i donot want to indulge in the act (cleanliness). Is there any home remedy or diet or ayurvedic medicines for me to get this feeling on other days .
    Even i have fear about having intercourse b'coz i get this pain in my vaginal region there is some pain internally when my hubby is trying to touch where by i hold the muscles near the vagina very firmly there by preventing inserting anything - i have symptons which i think is referred to as Vaginismus
    One ayurveda doc advised me to take fish eggs- but that did not help. Even i have white discharge most of the time.2 yrs back i had fibroid removed. I am little underweight also_Otherwise i am normal.Please help me.
    Waiting for your kind suggestions & remedy.Please help me.

regards
    rashmi

2. tom&jerry

tom&jerry Silver IL'ite

Dear Dr.charu,
    Thank u very much for explaining patiently.
    Sorry for taking your precious time.
    Yesterday i meet my ssy guruji he also advised the same thing what u have told not to eat heavy foods at night and take only raw foods. i told about u he told that consulting the siddha doctor is very good. but my bad luck we are not having a siddha doctor near by. It is possible when i go to india only.
    I follow ur advise very sincerely.. and let u know.
    Once again Thank you very much.

su.

3. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rashmi,

Sorry abt the late reply. I actually typed u one and posted it. I think it got lost as I had issues wit Il that day. I was careless enough to not check back. Sorry about that.

I understand from ur post that u have stated two problems

1. Not getting aroused
    2. Vaginismus like symptoms.

Not getting aroused or not having inclination when u are menstruating is common enough. There s no scientific reason that asks you to refrain from sex those days but people do it out of their own choice. So if u dont wish on those days its perfectly normal.

If u r not getting aroused anytime at all the reason might be psychological as well as or physiological. The thoughts that anything related to sex is something wrong and sinful is so imbibed in some peoples brains taht they ve a hard time changing that notion after marriage. Some people might be terribly scared due to lack of proper knowledge or misguiding advice from others. Physiologically sometimes hormone imbalance due to PCOs or improper prolactin levels can influence disinterest in sex. So i suggset u speak it out with partner and go for a gyn exam which ll let u know if u have any problems in these . And when tahts done and still u r not feeling okay(like totally down) u might even try getting a counselling from sexologist or psychiatrist(dont get me wrong in saying this. Its proven to work wonders. many times the fault lies with our upbringing).

The other symptom of having severe pain may be either physiological or psychological. It might be due to unperforated hymen which is elastic(it can be rectified by a minor surgical procedure) or neurological as to the vagina being too sensitive or might be psychological due to fear or lack of knowledge. Again this can be fixed with a loooooooong foreplay and use of lot of lubricants (available over teh counter in pahramacies or u can get a prescription from gyn) and basically relaxing psychologically as well. If u r unable to get rid of teh fera or pain a psychological counselling will sure help.

Siddha sure has drugs that act as aphrodisiac and lubricant and that will sure help. Even plain coconut oil is considered eefective in lubricating. But my suggestion would be to get agyn opinion and if everything is normal try siddha . And remember a counselling with psychiatrist is welll worth it too.

All the best,

Regards,
    CC

4. chaitanya01

chaitanya01 Senior IL'ite

Dear Dr charu,

I really like the way you are helping others in their problem.
    Im very much impressed and with lot of hopes on siddha Medicines, im here with my friends problem.

My best friend is facing irregular periods since her childhood, and after marriage it became so much worst. If she is taking any allopathic medicines then she used to get periods and once she stop it even the periods used to be irregular.

When last year she didn’t get her periods, she went for TSH test = 6.30 ; and when she went to doctor she told to take thironorm 25g. after that she went for ayurvedic medicine and her periods got regular for few months and again back to irregular. 4 months ago she went and showed to an allopathic doctor and she told to take TAB: Norgest for five days and after that she got her periods and on the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> day of the periods Doctor has told to go for some test includes TSH, Complete HAEMOGLOBIN test, FSH, LHS PROLACTIN, INSULIN,RBS and she told every this is normallllll, and even doctor gave her some tablets which my friend has to take it when she get her periods the tablet names are “SIPHENE 100MG, D2-D6 and Duphaston from D16-D25. with this she used to get her periods regularly for 3months and again even taking this table she didn’t get her periods on 4<SUP>th</SUP> month, and she did HPT and it is –ve.

For the first time when she went for follicular study the details shows as below :

Rtovary (enlarged)
    1) 43.2*34.7mm
    2) 41.4*4.2mm
    3) 36.5*35.9mm
    4) 25*20.9mm

ET : 7.4mm
    POD : clear.

This follicular study was done on 27<SUP>th</SUP> November, 2009.

Can you please help my friend on this, she haven’t tried for TTC upto now, but now they want to Try for TTC.

Her age is 27, height :5.2 and weight 60 -62.

and let me know if she can use your medicine with allopathi or not ?????
    Looking forward for your valuable reply

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  5. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Charuchitthra,

Not sure how I missed this thread so far. I am married for last 4 years and trying to conceive since last two years. All reports are normal for me and DH except for my fallopian tubes. My left tube is completely scarred and cant be unblocked. Right tube is patent. Can you advice if there is any treatment in siddha for this? I have already taken clomoid and injectibles and have undergone 3 IUI's so far but no success. Doctor has adviced us to take break for 3 months and come back for IVF. These injectibles are quite painful and I am having a tough time managing the side effects (Weight gain, hot flashes, breast pain, cramps ) I am 28 and my DH is 29.
    Thanks in advance.

6. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Hi Dr.Charu,

My son is 2 years old and suffers from respiratory problems every now and then. He was born a large baby and had breathing difficulty during the first few days and then he was normal.
    When he was 7 months, he started catching cold and whenever he gets cold he gets severe wheeze and now he has come to a stage of taking asthalin through nebuliser whenever he gets cold.
    He suffers badly with severe wheezing from 12-5am in the night and he catches cold quickly. Has very less immunity to cold.
    Everytime he catches cold its an emergency situation and got to rush to hospital.
    I am a bit hesitant to put him in school now as he may catch cold from other kids soon.
    I am planning to wait another year for his immune system to develop and skip pre-K.G and put him in L.K.G directly.

FYI, he has skin problems also and doctors say that both are inter-related and we are taking contiuous treatment for skin disorders. He had cradle cap during the initial months and then every now and then he gets dandruff and allergic to woollen clothes and insect bites and develop rashes all over.
    The skin doctor has prescribed zyrtec to be taken daily and moisturisers to prevent his skin getting dry.

Expect your suggestions on food habits and other techniques to boost immunity for such kids.

7. shreela

shreela New IL'ite

Hi Dr.Charu,

I had irregular periods for since 7 months back. When I consulted gynic, i was asked to take USpelvis scan and diagnosed with 3cm fibroid noted in posterior wall of uterus. My gynic suggested to have DnC initially and based on that go for uterus removal. I am aged 39 and i felt personally that unless otherwise that fibroid is very serious or big and not convinced for removal of uterus.

I read in somesite saying that there are medicines in Siddha to help with this.
    I appreciate your suggestions.

8. charuchitthra

Hi Chaitanya,

All the problems of ur friend indicate hormone imbalance . Remmeber pcos and prolactin leevls and throid levels are all so interrelated its impossible to treat one and get the results. First thing about thyroids She has to take her thyronorm everyday as prescribed. Siddha can stimulate glands to a certain extent but remeber except allopathy nothing has the synthetic hormones available.

THe best way to go about would be to be very adherent to the treatment throughout the regime. She Can sure take siddha as supportive therapy and continue her allopathic treatment as well.

I cant prescribe without seeing the reports or patients in person. I can suggest few lifestyle changes that ll sure help. No fast foods . Including fenugreek in diet as often as possible . Include aloe vera in either natural or processed form in the diet. Always maintain teh ideal weigth as obesity makes it difficult to conceive. Include sprouts and pulsesin diet. I can suggest a few generic meds that work . Ask her to go to a siddha physician if she is in india as that way everything will be thorough or mail me at serene11111 at gmail dot com and I can tell u the names of those meds. One more thing being in a positive frame of mind is important for conception as much as treatment.

All the best,

Regards,
    CC

9. charuchitthra

Hi Radhaparth,

First of all hugs to you. Dont get disheartened and that is very important for conception as ur emotional state plays a role in conception too. Am sorry to say siddha cant offer anything as a remedy for scarred tubes. But since the other is patent its good to try for IVF. And I totally undersatnd when u say about the side effects of procedure. I suggest u go for siddha as a supportive therapy regardless of whether it ll help ur tube issue. Its like preparing all ur other uterine and hormone levels for the conception. That way U ll be in ur prime and the chance of IUI or IVF working is more. Dont bother abt side effects as its all natural and ll do u only good. I suggest u start taking those from now on and by the three months U ll be good and ready for IUI or IVF. By this I am not eliminating the possiblity of a natural pregnanacy but i am suggesting it ll help whatever method u choose later on. Consult a siddha doctor for that with ur reports and they ll be able to help. If u r not in to that mail me a detailed history about the IUIs and tubes and I can suggest some generic meds that work.

All the best and be positive.

REgards,
    CC

10. charuchitthra

Hi Shubini,

Fisrt of all hugs to you from a mom of a kid with these same issues rather than a doc. Being in a country with 8 long months of winter, cold and snow only worsened my situation. I ve suffered the same and know how depressing it can be. And to put ur mind at peace I can assure you its all workable with siddha . All u need is lots of patience, efficient mangement and u can easily control outbreaks and exacerbations. Note that I ve not said that siddha cures all this but I assure u u ll be able to manage it better with lesser or no trips to emergencies.

MY advice to u

1. BUy a pack of wheat grass powder(arugampull in Tamil) available in lot of helath food stores. If u can identify it in own backyard and make use of it its brilliant. BOIl one spoon of this powder(or if u r using fresh a handfull of these leaves blended and extracted, use the juice as such and boil it with peppercorns powder) with 2 or 3 powdered black pepper corns and 300 ml water and reduce it to 150 ml and filter it (as a two year old ll not drink it with particles floating) and add two tsp of honey in it and ask him to drink it first thing in the morning. (i know its difficult to make ur kid drink it as a whole give him 60 ml once in the morning and the rest after his breakfast as it ll be more mangeable).

2. While giving this gradually reduce his zyrtec and try to totally take him off it.its just used to suppress the symptoms and wont help in teh long run.

3. Keep ur home allergen free. No dust . No pets. Vaccuam like u ve gone mad every two days and never blow vaccuam only use suction. mop the floors everyday with mild disinfectant. Change his bedsheets every two to three days and make sure all of them are washed in hot water. Use cotton and only cotton(no spandex wool or rayon or silk ) in everything that ur child uses from socks to undies to pillow covers to bedspreads to cushions.

4. Brush him twice a day and salt gargling after teh last meal of the day are important.

5. Steam inhalation every three days with eucalyptus oil . But remember no suffocating staem as it ll trigger one asthma attack. Just put hot water and oil in a bucket close to where ur kid palys and playfully ask him to take deep breaths and u can do it with him so hell think its fun.

6. Load him with vit c rich fruits(oranges peaches gooseberry are to be included in any form he likes. dont go for readymade juices as they are more sugar than vit c).

7. Strat him on a chyavanprash regimen everyday 2 gm after food in morn and night. Daburs readily available everywhre. Give him milk with a lil black peppercorn powder and turmeric powder and lots of honey when he is taking chyavanprash twice a day .

8. Nothing straight from refridgerator. Everything shud be allowed to reach room temperature before his consumption.

9. Early dinner at 7 30. and no deep fried stuff for dinner. Onw hole fruit close to bed time will keep hunget at bay and milk wit honey and the powder will work too.

10. Bath only in warm water and instilling the habit of handwash with mild watered down saop liquid. Remmebr no concentrtaed chemicals or perfumes or room freshners in teh house.

10. Bath only in luke warm water

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.