1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambige

Ambige Bronze IL'ite

Is the siddha medicine is same as the Ayurveda medicine?

2. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ambige,

Its said in history that both siddha and ayurveda originated from Lord Shiva and was passed by his vehicle Nandhi to Agathiar and Dhanvantri, two sages at that time. The Dhanvantri stream is called ayurveda and is basically having all its scriptures in sanskrit. The stream that originated from Agathiar is called siddha and has all its scrriptures in tamil.

Now the practical part, almost all the medicines in ayurveda and siddha are the same in ingredients usage etc except for the name. In tamil one medicine called amukkra choornam is called ashwagandhi chooran in ayurveda. The ingredients and the usage r exactly the same for both the medicines. So I suggest that ayurveda and sidddha are almost the same with each having its specific treatments which ll work wonders.

Regards,
    CC

3. meenak

meenak Bronze IL'ite

Dear Doctor:

I followed the suggestions you had given me, regarding the cough and cold problem of my 3-yr old daughter. Thanks to you, her cough has subsided and cold is much more manageable now. She is much better and sleeps well in the night.

Thanks for your inputs. I will spread your suggestions to many of my friends who face similar issues.

Regards
    Meena K

4. Aby

Aby New IL'ite

Hi madam,
    I have severe menstrual problem.After attending age i got my periods for 2 yrs regularly.after that once every 6 months or 1 year i get periods.i'm 21 yrs old.because of this i'm gaining too much weight.I'm 70 kgs now.I feel very hot and some kind of uneasiness while passing urine.daily i get this kind of problem.please suggest me some remedies.....:bowdown

5. charuchitthra

Hi Aby,

Irregular periods is something you need to attend to immediately. As u say you gain weight too, I suggest you to consult an obstetrician r gynaecologist and rule out PCODs. U might be anaemic and even taht might cause irregular periods and weight gain. I cant prescribe you anything without examining you . But i repeat consult a OB/GYN immediately. Get back to me with results and I ll help in whatever way I can.

Regards,
    CC

6. Aby

Aby New IL'ite

Thank u madam,i will consult and inform u back:bowdown

7. andalnvp

andalnvp New IL'ite

Re: queries on Siddha Medicine

Hello mam

Am vishnu from Denmark.my weight is 59 kg(31 yrs )looking lean body only,after coming 2 Denmark(3 mons back with my hus)i hav put wgt especially am having big belly.....also havg indigestion prob....after taking any food immedaitely (tat gas will be coming frm mouth)...my husband also suffering this.

Can you pl suggest me some home made mediacines to reduce my belly(diet paln) and also for indigestion problem.

regards
    Vishnu

8. charuchitthra

Dear Vishnu,

I have given amodel diet plan in the first page of this thread. Try that or get back and I ll formulate adifferent one.

Gaseous distension or flatulence can be an embarassing problem. The best way to suppress it is some lifestyle n diet changes that can be followed wit ease.

1. Drinking plenty of water thorughout the day ll help.

2. Add black pepepr , jeera in ur cooking more. Reduce intake of deep fried or high carb foods.

3. Dry fry ajwain and powder it n take a pinch after eating and drink a glass of warm water.

4. U can also try having butter milk wit a pinch of asafoetida to end ur heavy meals like lunch n dinner.

5. Eating saunff at end of meal not only helps digestion but also keeps the mouth fresh.

6. Dry roast pepper, jeera , n long pepper separetly n grind into a fine powder and take a pinch with honey twice everyday to aid digestion.

7. Some prefer to chew raw cardomoms.

The pot belly can be reduced only with exercise and diet. If u feel distension due t o gas try the abovementioned methods and get back.

Regards,
    CC

9. meerapavya

meerapavya Silver IL'ite

dear doctor,
    this is meera, i just want to conduct a free medical camp in my village to create awareness aong people in my village, also that i can give a opening for my sis-in-law's daughter, she has just completed her B.A.M.S., how to start, will it work out.

my sister is also an M.S.W.,(Medicine and psychiatry) student.

please help me as earlier as possible

10. charuchitthra

Hi Meera,

Conducting a free medical camp in a rural area is a good idea. I think u need to decide on the following.

1. Number of people who will be attending the camp.

2. Getting sponsors for medicine , transportation and stuff. If you are providing the medicines make sure u list out medicines basically needed for all category of patients(by age n disease)

3. First consult if jus ur ssiter in laws daughter is ready enough . Cos seeing a patient in hospital environ where u have all amenities and in a camp where even the investigations are limited is different.

4. Its better to include a team of doctors(may be one r two staff from her college and one r two senior students along with her wil be a good start(if she has jus graduated she ll need guidance) and u can cover more patients. Depending upon that u can advertise in more areas.

5. If u can also arrange for a portable lab(find a sponsor r sponsor it urself) where some basic tests can be taken like urine routine, blood sugar , hb n stuff.

6. Make sure u have pediatric drugs n drugs for preggies, diabetics too.

Its a good start, if you are doing it as a service. If you are doing it hoping she ll get fedback patients from the camp I think that wont work out much as people ll be ready to see a doc if its free but may not be so ready when they have to pay.

All the best.

Regards,
    Cc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.