1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sakthiamma

sakthiamma New IL'ite

Dear Charu madam.,
    Doing great job.My daughter is 4 yrs old.she has vaginal discharge often like 2 months once....i consulted with doctors in doha.they tested and said there is no problem.This is because of heat only and prescribed some oinments.Doctor suggested to stop Egg, choclates,Chips etc....I stopped egg and chips.having choclates weekly thrice.But still she is having discharge sometimes.why?How to stop this?.rarely she is saying itching is there.Iam much worried about it.Pls suggest what i have to do?

Thanks
    sakthi

2. regi_sr

regi_sr New IL'ite

Hi Dr.Charu,

Thanks for ur advice,

My brother is just 30 years old & has got lot of grey hair, so can u pls suggest me something for the same...

3. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shakthiamma,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Vaginal discharge is fairly common in girl child even if we dont think so. You should make cae that it is not smelly r discolored at any time. The itching might be due to secondary infection. So make sure to keep her private parts clean. Teach her to wash everytime after she urinates. Change her undergarments atlaest thrice daily to prevent secondary infections. keep her body cool by applying chandan on forehead every other day . Also make her drink lots of juice fresh ones if possible. Avoid canned foods, chips, chocoltaes as advised as they may start building her fat which may result in her ageing too fast. Apply castor oil to her feet and rub for sometime evrynight before bedtime. This ll reduce her body heat. Also give her lots of fresh veggies often enough to keep her immunity strong.

Dont worry. It ll go off soon.

Regards,
    CC

4. charuchitthra

Hi regi sr,

Premature Greying can be controlled and reversed only by proper lifestyle changes and diet along with medication. If possible ask him to go for 2 to 3 rejuvenating sessions with ayurvedic r siddha hospitals. Then we can start him on kayakalpa medication. As of now he should stop smoking and boozing (if he is) and eating fast food. His salt intake should be minimiseda little. He need not go without it, just reduce it sometime like 3 quarter sppons for one spoon then gradually to half spoon if possible. Ask him to eat lots of gooseberry, grapes and papaya as they rejuvenate to some extent. Eating salads everyday makes sure he s not nutritionally deficinet. Also using karisalankanni thylam ll help. Ask him to start on dietary supplemnts of vit e and iron .

Regards,
    CC

5. sakthiamma

sakthiamma New IL'ite

Thank you so much charu mam.Now bit relaxed.yes as u said iam changing her undergarments thrice a day.naturally herself is heat body.when we r in india,she doesn't have any problem.In doha it is very hot.i hate this weather.I'll follow what u suggest.Thank u so much once again for ur caring reply.

sakthi

6. srivana

srivana New IL'ite

Hai All

I am Siddha Doctor. i have completed my MD recently. i am staying in DUBAI. Please let me know any openings.

thanks
    Bhuvana

7. charuchitthra

Hi Dr Bhuvana,

Welcome to IL. I ll definitely let u know if i got to know of any openings. From which batch and which coll did u graduate?

Regards,
    CC

8. meenak

meenak Bronze IL'ite

Dear Doctor Charuchittra:

Thanks for extending your help in answering our queries.

I am facing a very difficult, yet common problem, with my 3 year old daughter. She gets persistent cold and cough - the phlegm is semi-solid. She suffers a lot in the nights since the phelgm gets collected in her throat, and gets cough too . She tosses around and remains totally restless. I've tried allopathy treatment over the last 2 months, in vain.

I am really vexed as I give particular attention to what she eats (balanced diet). I also give her jeeraga water (with thulasi, pudina and karpuravalli leaves) for drinking. I also give her milk mixed with turmeric, pepper powder and honey. None of these seem to help! She gets up at 3 a.m ( me too, obviously) and both of us lose sleep from then on.

Interestingly, the allopathy doctor says unless the temperature crosses 100 deg., it can't be termed as fever and no fever medicine should be given. Many times, my daughter's body temperature increases to 99.5 deg. and her body feels like a hot water bag as I hug her and try to calm her.

Any help would be most welcome ... both long term and short term. I am really desperate!

regards
    Meena K

PS sorry for such a long query ...

9. charuchitthra

Hi Meenak,

As a mother of a 2 year old I can very well understand your agony when our little ones sleep get disturbed because of phlegm. Its a common and irritating problem as you said. The short term and long term remedies would be effective if you practise regularly.

1. Give her only boiled water to drink. Absolutely no drinks from outside. Also make sure you carry bottled water from home wherever u go.

2. Make sure she brushes her teeth in the night too as that may cause perennial throat infection in some kids.

3. Always cover her ears with earplugs if you are taking her out in a cold climate.

4. Make sure u give her a shampoo bath only in warm water and also remember to make it fast .

5. Dry roast dried ginger(chulkku) one inch piece, 2 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp long pepper one small piece of vasambhu or acorus calamus seperately till they are warm and powder them in mixie. Mix this powder less than quater of a teaspoon with honey and jus apply on tongue. It ll be a little hot so make sure u add more honey. Use this when the phlegm is more for three r four days and stop.

6. U can smoke haldi in candle and let the kid inhale the smoke. It ll act as irritant and clear her nasal passage. Jus smoke it for 4 to 5 minutes not more. U can do it whenever the congestion is severe. If she s severely congested and is not sleeping properly follow the points five and six for 3 days twice daily and that should be enough to relieve it. remember to keep food light on these days and also smoke only 2 hours after any meal.

7. U can follow ur haldi, pepper n karpuravalli juice with milk as a regular night time drink to avoid phlegm collection.

8. Also u can ask ur kid to do steam inhalation with camphor oil or eucalyptus oil every 20 days r so to keep her nasal passages open . U can also do it together with her so she ll think its fun.

9. Never feed your kid anything directly from the refridgerator. allow the food r drink r yoghurt to reach room temperature before feeding her.

10. Make sure she drinks half a glass of warm water before bedtime as that ll aslo keep congestion minimal.

try all these and get back to me.

Regards,
    CC

10. meenak

meenak Bronze IL'ite

Dear Doctor:

Thanks a lot for taking so much care and writing a lengthy reply with so many useful points. I will definitely follow all of these and get back to you in a few days...

Thanks once again...

Regards
    Meena K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.