1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Post your queries on Siddha Medicine

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by charuchitthra, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sharmy,

The natural way of postponing periods is prolonged and effective for a short period say two to three days later than normal. But if u want it postponed more You have no option other than the hormonal pills.

For using the natural method effectively u have to start early like 10 to 15 days before u r due for ur periods. U eat handfull of dhalia(pottukadalai in tamil, fried gram in english) on empty stomach every morning. Also eat lot of protein rich diet during that period and avoid fats and carbs as much as possible. Like eat pulses n sprouts instead of fried foods and eat salads more instead of rice. This ll make sure your periods get delayed by 2 or 3 days if u have a normal regular cycle otherwise.

Regarding your weight gain , whenever u stop exercise your bodys basal metabolic rate slows down and therefore u r prone to gain weight. To avoid this make sure u stop exercsing gradually by reducing ur work out time. But the weight gain may also be due to usage of contraceptive pills and or cliamtre changes. So look into them also .

Regards,
    CC

2. nags

nags Silver IL'ite

Hi Dr Chaaru,

Thanks for this service availabe online. You are doing a very noble job.

I am 28 and 64 kg weighing for about 5.5 height. My problem is I am usually constipated. I dont have that early morning bowel movement and I have quite a lot of flatulence. Becoz of no clearance in bowel, it stinks.

I do about 40 minutes of yoga, some warm up and 24 surya namaskaras. 15 minutes of pranayama. I usually do in evening, but sometimes morning if I cannot in evening. I am pretty much consious of my diet. I make sure I eat one time raw vegetables (usually cucumber or carrot) and fruits that are seasonal 2-3. i used to take the banana 2 in a day (the long one) but it did not help much. I rather started putting on weight.

i sleep for 6 hours. I have noticed one thing. just one hour early wake up does not let me clear my bowel for almost whole day. I sometimes have to pass bowel after eating food. I do not eat fried items. once in a month is average. I eat a dry fig early morning empty stomach, i swallow a spoon of soaked methi (from a week i have made it twice a day). i eat wet dates, though not regularly.

I have seen even eating only curd (brown) rice in a day makes me gassy. I usually have chappatis or brown rice. i drink milk twice a day. once time with sugar and at night with jaggery and turmeric.
    I sometimes have noticed if I eat very spicy masala food, my bowels clear in morning. I sometimes have burning sensation in anal area if I clear bowel and if stools are soft. it is usually hard. i drink about 3 litres of water or even more. i feel even the ural dhal in idli makes me gassy or even tuvar dal in sambhar or rasam.

hopefully this explains my prakruti: I have very dry skin ( i apply coconut or til (sesame) oil to whole body). any part left out starts itiching or pricky sensation. i sometimes have to do this twice a day for the part of body that is exposed (hand and leg). I use shikakai powder instead of soap as soap makes my skin dry and i feel besan does not clean properly and leaves behind powder after drying on hair and some parts. My hair also is dry type. I feel cold very soon and like to be in warm climate.
    food - i like sweets. but i ensure i eat jaggery sweets and not fried one. i can tolerate sour stuffs (compared to others). (I only remember these, please let me know anything else to be answered)

from 15 days I have been mixing triphala churna and hingawasta churna to milk at night. it does not seem to help much but is it ok to consume so.

3. sharmy

sharmy Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot CC:thumbsup. Is it bad to use hormonal pills to postpone period? My period is regular but my hubby don't like the idea of using any pills intake to delay the period. He thinks its bad for the health:hide: and told me to go for natural way:spin. Hmm... seems like nothing will work to postpone other than pills:idea.

Thanks again!

4. charuchitthra

Dear Nags,

From what you describe yourself I predict your body to be of pithavadha nature. Those people usually suffer from gas retention, constipation and excessive dry skin and many other problems too.

U have not mentioned whether your menstrual cycle is regular and whether you have white discharge and whether u r married and have kids.Please reply to that too.

From what you have written your diet and exercise regimen is very exact for your needs. I suggest you continue them along with the following.

1. Six hours sleep is essential if you dont nap throughout the day. It s needed for u to completely unwind the stresses of previous day. So follow the six hour sleep routine.

2. After brushing, drink about 1 litre of water in empty stomach before having your coffee. And do some mild exercises(if not possible, do not sit around. Be active during that period).

3. After an hour, Drink a glass of warm milk. (for people with pitha nature milk is better than coffee r tea. but do not use high fat milk. 2% r less fat should be fine.)

4. If You r hard pressed r busy during early morning, our mind psychologially tries to move our bowel habits to more leisurely time. To prevent this go and try in the loo for five minutes in the morn until ur bowel movement changes. keep doing this as a habit until it becomes a routine.

5. U can stop the thriphala chooran and can go with the hingawastha churan three times a day with curd. U can also get and eat regulax forte from charak, panchashakar churan from dabur and dasamoolarishtam from dabur and use. If u get them, get back to me and I ll give u the dosage.

6. I feel the fiber content in your food is not enough for your body needs. So go with one raw fruit after every meal and one salad for lunch and dinner. Also drink more fluids. U can have occasional deep fried foods. thats actually needed for maintaining the fats inside your body. Dont bother about that.

7. Everyday before bedtime and after dinner eat yellow variety of banana 2 numbers , or handfull of raisins, or 3 to 4 dry figs and r oranges 2 numbers. Drink 1 litre of water after dinner in parts. U cant do it in one single sitting.

8. U can do one squatting exercise twice r thrice during the day that ll increase bowel movements and relieve gas distention. Squat as u do on Indian closet and move your hiips in a circle in clockwise and anti clockwise direction. If u complete one full circle in both directions count 1. like that do 5 to 6 times for sitting and do it twice r thrice throughout the day.

9. Increase the use of spices like cinnamon, garlic, cloves, jatikkai, jathipathri and cardomom in your cooking. They sure have medicinal value and can work wonders for ur digestive system.

10. Addressing the problem of dry skin, I suggest u use til oil r cocnut oil as your doing now. but do not use shikhakai for hair as it ll also dry the skin and hair. If you are not satisfied with besan, go for moong dal flour. But remember ur body is of nature that ll go dry fast and so u need to ingest and apply more liquids and oils.

Try all these and get back with feedbacks.

Regards,
    CC

5. charuchitthra

Hi Sharmy,

The pills are not bad if used sparsely. Remember you are meddling with nature's way in postponing periods . So it should be done only when unavoidable. The problem is natural methods work but in different levels for different people and the postponement is not prolonged. But remeber even if u r using hormonal pills its not good to postpone beyond a week at the max. So try the natural method and have hormone tabs handy if needed.
    one more thing if u r trying for conception, its not better to conceive during the month u postponed ur period. u can wait till u get ur next normal period and try conceiving after that.

Regards,
    CC

6. sharmy

sharmy Senior IL'ite

Thanks CC:). I do not want to take pills after I read your reply because I was thinking to delay for a monthbonk. My period is regular but bleeding continue for either three or five days. First two days its heavy:bowdown I think its normal eventhough its unbearable.

BTW I have unwanted hair on my hands, legs and some fine hair on my face. My skin is easily become dry, I use besan to wash my face and apply rose water as toner then applying Jhonsons baby moisture. I plan to use fruit oil instead of JB moisture :idea will that make my facial hair to grow more?:spin If you know any natural powder I could use on my body to prevent hair growth please let me know. I will buy from India:).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  7. sathipriya

sathipriya New IL'ite

Hi doc,
    Thank you for replying to all questions. I have irregular periods and not sure if i ovulate very month. I recently had a surgery to remove cysts on my ovary. I was also treated for infertility. I could not handle those strong medicines like GONAL-f-pen injection. Now I stop these medicine for last two months i have irregular periods again.For pass two month I get light brown charges, but does not look like the regular periods. However i am currently taking menstricare veg tablets ,and also a medicine for thyroid. please suggest some nature medicine for my problem. I am trying to get pregnant for pass three year. I excises for 30 min a day. eat lots of fruits. please help.

thank you,

8. nags

nags Silver IL'ite

Hello Dr Chaaru,

Thank you so much. I am so happy and gifted to have known about the IL and to meet a doctor who is doing such a noble job.

I dont remember this to be so severe whilst in teenage. Only after my college this has started. Like 7-8 years ago.

1. I have a very regular 25-26 day cycle. I am married for 3-1/2 year with no children. We have been trying to concieve and I am on scans to know if a problem is with me. I would want to PM you on this issue to, with your permission. Except discharge during ovulation, I dont have any other noticeable discharge.

2. I drink about 1/2 ltr before brushing. is that ok to drink before brushing. i drink this from copper vessel, water filled for overnight. I dont drink coffee or tea. also i forgot to say. After water, brushing, a fig, a spoon of overnight soak methi seeds (fenugreek), i have lemon, ginger, honey with warm water. I wake up around 4.45 and have to start cooking for the day as i leave home to office at 6.20.

I have a doubt, what if I have lactose intolerance. how will I know that?

I am doing off late to pshycologically induce bowel movement by just staying in loo for some time. this works sometimes.

3 Hingawastha churan what is the dosage for this. Now i am taking about 1 spoon (small spoon). regulax forte from charak, panchashakar churan and dasamoolarishtam - I am sure to get them here in Bangalore. My question is should I take all 3 or one of them.

4 Fried food - I cant tolerate if it is spicy too. I feel acidic if I eat them and uneasyness. So, should I take them.

9. sharmy

sharmy Senior IL'ite

Hi CC, sorry to ask you many questions. I have dandruff problem here, for that I need to take head bath every other day. If I miss two days then it will start to itch on my head. I've tried everything from home remedy to medication shampoo. The only solution I found is to take head bath every other day.

I didn't oil my hair last seven years because I kept my hair short layer cut ( it was more than my shoulder length). From this year I let my hair to grow now its more than my waist length. I am loosing my hair same time I see new growth. Is there any herbal medication I should take to control my hair fall. I used amla, shikakai, reetha and brahmi to clean my hair , after shower my hair become dry , more tangles and more hair fall so now days I'm back to pantene shampoo. I use coconut oil with curry leaves and neem powder to preven dandruff. Please give me your advice.

As nags mentioned above thank you for your noble job!!!

10. charuchitthra

Hi Sharmy,

The heavy bleeding in the first two days of your periods is normal. But I know how irritating that can be. U can try n see if ur haemoglobin levels are o.k. Cos anemic people also bleed more during periods. So if ur anemia is corrected, the bledding may be bearable.

If ur skin is of nature to become dry why do u use a toner? Toner is to keep the pores moderately open so that skin doesnt get oily soon. Just use Johnsons moisturiser twice r thrice a day before getting out and after coming home and even before bed time. Fruit and mineral oils are also good. but dont use besan on ur face. besan tends to dry skin more. use whole moong dall flour. I will suggest a powder to use which ll be helpfull in removing hair and also for dry skin.

Moong dall whole(green) 500 gm
    poolanghilanghu 100gm
    korai kilanghu 100 gm
    rose petals 100 gm
    karunjeeragham 100 gm
    kasthrui manjal 50 gm
    almonds 100 gm
    dry them in the shade in a sunny place to absorb the moisture in them n grind in grinding machine to a fine powder. U can use this as daily face wash. Can mix it with turmeric and make into paste and apply on hairy areas and let it dry then scrub it out. Might be a little painfull. But if done regularly every 10 days ll reduce hair growth.

The dandruff and hair fall might also be due to the dry nature of your skin r even nutritional deficiency. Make sure u eat good portions of veggies and fruits everyday. Increase ur iron content in food by including greens. Take vit e supplemets for four months.

U should always oil ur hair. U should oil in the evening after u get back . preferably warm gingelly oil and comb ur hair very well. take bath in the morning with a mild shampoo. Always dilute ur shampoo with 3 times water and use them. This prevents the harsh chemicals in shampoo from acting on ur already dry scalp. Always use water mixed with 4 5 drops of vinegar as last rinse.

Coconut oil with curry leves and neem is good but wont work effectively on dandruff. U can get one poduthalai oil in chennai. U mix it with coconut oil in the proportion of one is to half and use . It ll be effective in controlling dandruff and hair fall. if u cant get it tell me I ll give u the name of oils avilable all over India.

Regards,
    CC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.