1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Home remedy to prevent allergy

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by sridharvijji, Feb 3, 2012.

1. sridharvijji

sridharvijji Bronze IL'ite

HI ladies,
    Is there any natural remedy to cure allergy which results in cold,cough and asthma in kids and adults.I have read many remedies but no where such remedy is mentioned.I request if anybody knows please let me know.
    My 6 yr old kid is suffering with allergy every month cold cough asthma...inhalers...antibiotics.Doc says immunity has to improve...wait until 8yrs of age.Are all kids in the same situation.What mistake am i doing ..Please all parents discuss and enlighten me.
    Thanks
    Silakshmi

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

silakshmi, Welcome to Health Forum. Some kids will have poor immunity but gradully it develops along with their growth. So don't worry. Garlic and Onion are good for boosting immunity power. Taking of tulsi leaves will also help to prevent cold and other related ailments to the best possible extent. If you are in chennai, you will get a green leafy vegetable (herb) called thoodhuvalai which is also said to be good for cold.

Above all remedies, it is very important to clean the house on a routine basis (while kid is away to school otherwise quarantine in a room till your cleaning gets over or help your child to wear a mask), see to that no junk (old paper etc) is kept outside where dust can easily settle in. See to that there is no dampness inside the house especially in the place where your child uses most. Keep giving warm water during such ailments. In case of any chest congestion, after applying vicks, you can place hot water bag over the chest. Steaming is also good, tell the kid to breathe taking the steam through nose and also through mouth alternatively. Pranayama is said to be very good. Check out with a yoga teacher the apt age for your kid to practice it. Best wishes.

3. twink

twink Silver IL'ite

when my kids were too small. i say newly born, i used to give them brandy mixed with honey, they dont catch cold and sleep good, this will surely help them rest properly and stay away from colds

4. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

Natural remedies might not help much as per my experience.Tried a lot for my 4 yr old for whom our Dr prescribed a Ayurvedic syrup : SEPTILIN(Himalaya) to be taken for 5-6 months continuous. Now its already 3months… no issues yet for someone who used to be on an antibiotic course at least once a month.

1 person likes this.
  5. joysmile

joysmile New IL'ite

I am mother of 2 small kids (5 &2), they usually catches nasal congestion, then they start breathe thro mouth,chronic cough starts, leads to wheezing.This is the case I experienced in both kids. Recently I came across one information.
    While going out, please do apply gingelly oil in nose holes.
    This will prevent dust particles entering into nose.
    we have started trying this. Maybe helpful for others suffering from dust allergy.
    nothing harm in trying.please provide your views or comments on this after usage.

2 people like this.
  6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi joysmile,

welcome to IL Health Forum. The tip you have shared is new & sounds good too. thanks for sharing.

7. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    my dh and dd they both need your tip....thanks for sharing.

8. kairos72

kairos72 Junior IL'ite

My mom makes this thokku. I mix it with rice and give it every meal. But it has to be taken as the last few bites i.e. if having with dosa, just a 1/2 spoon, last bites of rice mixed with 1tsp, especially in the night. Don't give too often, as it wil heat up the body.

Recipe : Equal measures of karuveppillai, mint and coriander. heat oil, add garlic, 1/2 onion, 1 tomato. saute them, add the ground leaves and cook nicely. finally add little bit of tamarind and salt.

I keep it in fridge, warm it up in microwave and use it for nearly one month.

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Bee pollen from your local area is very effective to treat allergies....works like an allergy shot. I take bee pollen daily and don't need allergy medicines in pollen season any more. Bee pollen also will reduce cholesterol.

10. priya20coool

priya20coool Bronze IL'ite

Hi.. These usually happen due to frequent change in weather condition. Hot milk with a pinchof turmeric and little pepper(as much as the kid could bear, coz too much of pepper could also be spicy for the kid), and little sugar juz for taste. This is proven to cure cough, cold and sneezing very effectively. And as your doctor said, immunity will gradually develop and thats the reason vaccination is done at a very young age. Its the granny medicine but proven good.