1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Neem paste is very good for dandruff.

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by ali, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ali

ali Bronze IL'ite

Take neem leaves make it a fine paste and apply it on scalp leave it for 15 minutes and take head bath. (No need of shampoo).It is effective if you continue it for ten days.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012

2. chitu

chitu Bronze IL'ite

I have tried this it is effective but the neem smell remains in our hair..... So people near us will feel that. :coffee

3. ali

ali Bronze IL'ite

you are very much right friend, then go for shampooing. I too faced the same problem.when we want to be dandruff free we have to do it as a medicine.

4. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

i have tried this earlier and it works..only thing it is very difficult to stay after applying it..i am not able to put it in words but the strong smell gives me a kind of headache..

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi ali, welcome to IL Health Forum. Yes, neem is an excellent antiseptic too which will keep the germs away with the turmeric combination - it can be applied on face. though one will feel the bitterness, the good outcome is worth that.

For good smell you can add orange peel, lemon peel & in tamizh there is a root herb called 'poolanKizhangu' which you get in all indian medicine store. these things you can dry powder and keep, which can be added to the neem paste. You can even grind few leaves of Hibiscus which will make your hair smooth & shiny - a natural conditioner which removes excess oil too (no need of a shampoo).

6. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

Yeah..i too tried once..but i am getting headache because of this smell..

7. preethi27

preethi27 Senior IL'ite

hi All.

For dandruff you can use "Scalpe" shampoo. After head bath, take little Scalpe shampoo in your hands and rub gently in scalp. Just do a light massage for 2 minutes and wash after 3 minutes. Doctor advised me this and it is very good. Apply this for twice a week and continue for 6 weeks. You will get in medical store.

8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Preethi this is a nature cure forum where we discuss about things that has curing property from Nature's basket. It don't include herbal products as they too contain synthetic chemicals along with herbal properties.

9. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

The popular home remedy of hot oil massage – using either coconut or olive oil followed by shampooing is beneficial. Soft massaging dislodges dandruff and the oil nourishes and moisturizes hair.