1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Natural home remedies for diabetes....

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by swarnamary, Feb 5, 2011.

1. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

hi everyone, this is my first post here regarding some health issues..recently i been diagnosed with diabetes its just like 140 fasting.doctor suggested me to take some medicine but thats making me so dizziness so i stop taking that and she prescribed me the other similar one but before i try all that i like to know if there is any safe home remedy i can try to lower my sugar level i been trying this fenugreek seeds for couple of days but they said it effects vision as i already have vision problems i dont want to go with that remedy..i been married for 2 years dont have kids yet so i want to get over this sugar level to normal level before i get pregnant so i can be little relieved..i been thinking over and over with this same problem and also as i my husband is not here with me that is other problem..so all this things are making me go crazy....i am sticking to my own no sugar,less carb diet including only some brown rice,oat meal,some salad....i dont know how to go thru with this thing..as i am too concerned abt every little thing.... please all pass me all your valuable suggestions/ideas and help me get thru with this.. Let me know if anyone you know tried any remedies and how did it work for them...
    p.s i know it might sound like silly problem but for me this is my biggest problem right now as i am mostly concerned abt the kids... Thanks alot..

1 person likes this.

2. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Hi, Stay calm and do not panic. High/Low glucose level is a very common problem these days and not a disease and can be easily reversed with just a few life style changes.
    Before switching over to home remedies, go with your doctor's instruction and continue the medication, which will help in regulating the glucose.
    Other things you can do(in addition to diet changes) is regular exercise. Weight loss significantly helps in regulating sugar/glucose levels and though food is an essential factor, exercise also plays a very important role. You dont have to do anything stressful but even walking for 30 minutes everyday will make a big difference. Continue eating Indian style food(if you prefer), but substitute white bread with multigrain, eat 2 chapathis in place of 3 but with more veggies or dal on the side, eat protein rich foods which will keep you less hungry and full for long. Whenever you feel like munching something, eat a fruit, steam some veggies and eat with a pinch of salt and pepper. Doing all these will definitely yield excellent results but only over a period of time and will not happen immediately within weeks. It happens gradually but definitely works and stay calm and be happy. A positive mind is the first remedy to any health condition and can work wonders :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

hi nas, thanks for your reply..that's such an encouraging reply.. thanks again.. i also do want to take medication and see how it works but its making me so dizzy i cant even do anything,not even able to work properly. every minute i am getting scared what if i fell down somewhere..i started with some changes in my diet and started walking too..hope everything will be ok with all this changes... thanks again....

1 person likes this.
  4. thepionist

thepionist Guest

Hello, Instead of Rice or Chapatis, try having Jowar. Either Jonna Sangati or Jonna Rotte and also Ragi sangati will be very good for Diabetic patients and very healthy too.

5. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

no problem, glad to know you've started with diet changes and walking. Also drinking a lot of water helps as water helps to flush the toxins in the body. Drink atleast 2 litres of water everyday. It is a long process and losing even 10lbs might take 4 to 6 months, but once you start losing and continue doing the diet and exercise plan religiously, you will be in better shape soon! Dont let the mind take over, a little ounce of will power can cure even the incurable diseases, all it takes is life style changes, will power and definitely God's blessings(sincere prayers). Feel better soon! Good Luck!!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  6. anirtej

anirtej New IL'ite

Good One... :thumbsup

cheeese:cheers

7. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Hi don't worry since worrying about something actually increases your blood sugar level. Don't starve yourself. Eat frequently but small amounts. Regular exercise, diet and medication can help us definitely to keep the blood sugar level normal. Regards,

8. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

Hi all, thanks everyone for your replies..yes i am trying hard to be on good diet and working work for more than an hour..i am feeling good but few times i am feeling dizzy i dont know the real reason.. will try it out for 2 more weeks if i am not feeling good going back to doctor..

i didnt try anything other than rice (brown rice) only scoop thou..i am planning on going with barley from next week and lot and lot of veggies,salads... thanks once again everyone..

9. abarnakrish

abarnakrish New IL'ite

Hi,
    First reduce your stress. Don't over do things. Try to learn yoga, meditation,reiki,or pranic healing only one, this is mainly to reduce your tension. Even my mom is having diabetes, she said eating curry leaf powder does many wonders. You should dry fry and powder the curry leaf and u can add this powder to ur food. Eating guava will also reduce ur sugar level, provided ur not allergic to that fruit. Keep calm, be relaxed, avoid sleeping during the day. Eat healthy protein based food. It will do lot of wonders. Fenugreek also you should dry fry, powder it and then u should add in your food. The main concept Is you should take lot of fibre in your food. Buy chapati flour that contains bran, or make ur own flour. In Tamil we used to call as nagapalam even the seeds of the fruit is very good for health. Be calm and don't ever think that ur having diabetes. After trying all this send ur blood sugar level. All the best. Nothing is impossible in this world, u can make the difference.:thumbsup

10. prathiyankara

prathiyankara New IL'ite

Hi,

Nothing to worry, even my hubby have diabetes we have no children till now.

Don't take sugar content food after 6 PM

Not in the sense that u can take sugar content food in the morning, Fibre is good
    and

corrainder leaves juice in the empy stomach for 1 week will show u very gud result and its of sure ur sugar will be normal.

In yoga Kapalvathi and Anlog Vinlog breathing exercise...

Some ladies with big problem they are getting babies so don't worry this is nothing...

Important : Have Faith and Pray God....to come out of this tension, since mental tension will increase ur sugal level..so be cooooollll.... nothing to think ...and enjoy ur life...

1 person likes this.