1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Natural home remedies for diabetes....

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by swarnamary, Feb 5, 2011.

1. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Hi Swarnamary

I am also diagnosed with diabetes and dont want to take up medication as now. Can we both team up and plan the activities togther and keep track of the progress?

These are the things i have started doing
    1) Bitter gourd - 7 pieces from frozen in the empty stomach
    2) walk 30 minutes in tread mill for 5 days in a week

But i dont see the level reducing. I am also having fasting as 140-150. We also dont have children yet.

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

This one, a proven one, I have seen it take effect for my own mother (Though I get annoyed she does not follow it regularly):

Every night soak few bhindis (fresh ones) in little water. First thing in morning, take it with that soaked water also.

It really keeps the sugar levels in check. Medicines will make the sugar go too low, so following this regulates the insulin levels

3. sivshankari

sivshankari Gold IL'ite

I agreed with tamil...... my mom used to do this regularly.:)

4. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

I had tried this bhindi but didnt show much improvement. Today i read, that drinking 4 glasses of water in early morning empty stomach for 30 days will have some impovement in diabetes. I am going to try this from tomorrow morning.

5. anukv

anukv Bronze IL'ite

Dont worry just follow some home remedies and dont eat sweets at all....
    Everything will be perfectly alright. Dont worry

6. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Hi Swarnamary

How are you coping with? any improvements or success techniques. I am drinking water in empty stomach and also 30 minutes brisk walk morning and evening helps me to some extend. But if i miss one day i see its effect on the blood sugar. Trying to keep myself motivated.

7. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

in addition to all these home remedies...dieting and exercising surely helps.
    eat frequently once in three hrs.Dont stuff yourself.Eat lotsa proteins and fiber and limit carbs.Complex carbs are the best source of carbs.All dried beans are loaded with proteins,complex carbs and fiber and even antioxidants.Try each bean everyday.portion control is very important.Did you attend the diabetic class?they give loads of information.It surely helps.Create a meal plan for yourself and stick to it.exercise..cardio+weight lifting 30 mins each day.

try these home remedies in addition to the above.Mix two tea spoons of apple cider in one cup of water and drink it after each meal.

take cinnamon.

take a chromium supplement and vit D supplement(consult u r doc first)

drink atleast 8 cups of water.

to maximize fiber intake..take psyllium husk(this is available in health food stores.google for more details)

include flax seeds,chia seeds in your diet.

The medicines are sure to have side aafects in the beiginning cos u r body is getting adjusted to a new medication.Try to continue and you will be alright soon.

try to reach your ideal weight.This infact helps in lowering the Bs dramatically.

ATB...hope this helps.

8. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Swarna,

Hope you will get out of this soon! My prayers are with you. Have any one told you that Plant Based Diet can reverse Diabetes??? i.e. a diet which excludes all animal products - meat,milk, chicken, etc.

I have started a discussion on Diabetes Plant Based Diet for Diabetes
    thought you will all be interested!

Please join the group Diabetes - IndusLadies and take part in the discussion! Hope it helps in some way.

9. priyanu123

priyanu123 New IL'ite

I am diabetic, I am in insulin 12 and 10 units in the night . I am also taking tablet after breakfast and after dinner .

I am trying Kundalini Meditation onces a week . Trying to keep calm and not get tensed .

I am controlling my diet , salads for lunch , Fruits - midmorning . Pls let me know what more changes to be done .

regds
    Priyanka

10. snh

snh New IL'ite

Take the juice of about two or three bitter gourd (karelas) every morning on an empty stomach. helpful for diabetes