1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Triphala Guggulu for Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by ashbash, Nov 11, 2010.

1. ashbash

ashbash New IL'ite

I was told that Triphala Guggulu was great for weight loss, but I'm not sure of what brand to buy. Could anyone recommend a brand and if you have tried this how much weight have you lost? Also would it work if you just could you just buy these herbs separate and just take them together?

Thankss

2. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Yeah...You will get it in Arya vaidya sala pharmacies...its there in adayr,thiruvanmiyur,besant nagar,alwar thirunagar etc...Its not exactly for weight loss...it is prescribed for cleaning your bowels and for proper digestion and to control your cholesterol levels..which will indirectly result in weight loss...to some extent...

3. sandhyaThink

sandhyaThink New IL'ite

hello people,

triphala basically acts like a diuretic and that's how you tend to lose weight. In my experience it can safely be used, especially in India if you tend to eat out a lot and hygiene even in the best hotels is suspect. My father used it every night for close to 3 years till the day he passed away at 81, and my daughter used it daily to keep her stomach in order when she was studying in mumbai and eating hotel food.

It is available at IMPCOPS or at any Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala, but do consult a vaid before dosing yourself long term.

Sandhya

4. jojoattu

jojoattu New IL'ite

Triphala is not only a diuretic but also excellent for hair. My father's colleague had pitch black hair in his 50's. On asking him the reason, his answer was 'triphala water'. My grandmother would wash her eyes with triphala water and did not use any spectacles. But these have to be bought from authentic sources and regularly. As in the name of Ayurveda, many spurious drugs are sold, made 'green' and therefore 'herbal'.

5. shrutirshankar

shrutirshankar New IL'ite

I don't know about weight loss, but i'm sure it is very useful for cleansing of bowels. So taking them once a week atleast will ensure ur bowels get cleaned. I was asked to take triphala tablets in my teens when i had irregular periods along with other medicines (ayurvedic). now they are regular.
    so i dont think they can cause harm. but consult a vaid regarding the dosage before u start taking them on daily basis.
    Regarding the brand, there is one called Baidyanath which is good.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  6. nish824a

nish824a Junior IL'ite

I tried Divyapeeth(baba Ramdev) ones after watching his yoga video. I have lost 20 lbs on this concoction alone. I totally agree it worked for me. also it helped my periods get regular. and stopped my hair fall. I even had triphala after C-sec to avoid constipation/piles/heammohroids. My DD was completely Breastfed for 1 1/2 years but it didnt have any wrong effect on her . I read it somewhere "If you dont have mother dont worry as long as you have triphala".

7. venusorchid

venusorchid New IL'ite

Hi freinds,

cn you please tell me where to get them in Hyderbad,can we order them online in U.S

Thanks

Venus

8. murphybaby77

murphybaby77 Gold IL'ite

Yes Tripala is an all round Ayurvedic medicine specially the choornam means powder is very effective for constipation complaint.we r from Kerala,and naturally we go to kottakkal arya vaidyasala,Coimbatore people goto aryavaidyasala Coimbatore or palghat,and naturally north Indians baithyanath or imcomps. These ayurvedic companies are very good and genuine.Thanks to ileitis to share these things.

In our family,why almost all keralites old people used to take thethripala at night if they have the problem.
    Chooran now available as tabs
    It's nothing but 3 ingredients. Kadukkai"thanikka,masikkai powders.
    Generally kdukkai is for bowel,thnikkai will help to cure all type ulcer,masikkai diureti.
    BUY from good brands and use no problem.

Whatever the experiences shared are true.all the best .for healthy life.with easy non side effective medicines..
    Poorni

9. saddu

saddu New IL'ite

HELLO,
    This is really very useful information.But can anyone help me to know the stores for such ayurvedic drugs in Bahrain.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  10. jazzmine

jazzmine New IL'ite