1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Music season -2009

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by vaidehi, Dec 15, 2009.

1. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I guess the Marghazi maha utsavam as already started with vibrant colours in chennai..... Any idea when they will start telecasting the recorded show on Jaya tv ? Or have they already gone on Air !

Just little curious and want to see all the recordings.... please shanvy & others update us on this .

vaidehi

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009

2. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Re: Music season !

Am also an ardent lover of that prg.
    It begins on 16th evening at Jaya TV

Enjoy watching!

3. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Re: Music season !

Thank u so much solider,eagerly waiting for the season to begin on TV.... :thumbsup

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Music season 2009

Vaidehi,

Already SSmusic broadcasts carnatica's music festival at 7.00 am in the morning for the last 10 days (i have been watching only for the last 10 days)

Vijay TV also has a program that starts tomorrow.

Don't miss out jaya tv concerts as most of them are more thematics as usual.. but just got a glimpse of the themes and i can say i am waiting. I wish they do telecast the concert in full..(i know asking too much)

i only hope they don't clash.

AIR has a list of programmes.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  5. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Thanks Shanthi for the detailed reply, i was sure of getting a reply from you.
    In US we will be able t see the telecast on thru Jaya tv, so didn't want to miss out on that.

Yeah me too would love to see the full concerts, but i will be happy whatever comes my way....:). I am looking fwd for Ranjani& gayathri,yesudas
    TM krishna and so many others.... how abt u ? Do share ur interest with us....

vaidehi

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vaidehi,

that is what is my blog about city preparing..and my preparing for the season.

last year i had just come out of surgery and could not go for the live concerts and this year because of a fracture in my leg.

so i just utilise what best i can get.

I am open to all music. I am looking forward to ranjani and gayathri, sanjay, vijay shiva and .. and at the same time new comers like manasi, bharat sundar, niveditha narayanan ....

even carols, for which my DD had prepared but has dropped from the competition as her throat is not tolerating the pitch needed.

7. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Wow u have already come up with a blog....just apt for the Mood.
    Yeah its absolute divine to see so many new talented youngsters performing with such a class.

Thanks Shanthi once again,after reading your blog ....i am so very tempted to witness all that u have penned down .... just eagerly waiting and hoping that some day i too will make it to these sabhas & listen to live concerts surrounded by all Mama's & Mami's of chennai...:).

Meanwhile ..... Do take care of your health and Best wishes to your daughter

vaidehi

8. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Vaidehi
    I was not aware that Jaya Tv is viewable in the US. Is it through dish network or direct tv? I too am looking forward to hear Aruna Sairam, TMK , Ranjani Gayatri and many more.

Shanthi,
    enjoy the season. Have you watched Margazhi Raagam starring TMK and BB Jayashree? Only today I saw its two minute trailer.

9. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Usha maam,

Jaya tv is viewable in US thru Dish tv, i have a online Channel(ChannelLive.tv )where i can view jayatv,podhigai and many more channels for a monthly subscription of 5 $ + taxes. Also there connection is very good and meets the need. :)

vaidehi

10. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Thanks Vaidehi for the information. This would work for me to watch the music season.

PS: Vaidehi, I checked this site and I am being quoted a higher price with more channels. I only want these two channels. Can you send me the link where I can find them for the price you have quoted?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009