1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

bharatanatyam- how to tie hair -very urgent please....

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by anu2001, Jun 13, 2009.

1. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Anu...

You are lucky to get inputs from experts from Usha & Sweta.

2. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear JustAni,
    You are too generous with your compliments. Thanks a ton.
    Swetha & I were very impressed with your post explaining about the hair-do & ornaments etc. I am sure Anu finds our posts useful.

Swetha was very excited that you used to dance as well. Do you have plans of getting back to the art?
    Good luck.

Regards
    USHA

3. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hehe.... Thanks Usha.... Compliments should be given duely, right?

I really wish I had got back into dancing when my kid started her nursery. But now got plans for another kid.

But yes.... I would surely love to get back into it! SOMEDAY FOR SURE! :thumbsup If not performing on stage, at least practising it at home!

4. anu2001

anu2001 New IL'ite

My dear Justani, Usha madam and Swetha,
    wow! Great explanation and good dedication to the art! Really I am lucky and now I feel as if I also an expert. Definitely I have a clear idea about hair style and make up. Lots and lots of thanks.
    Just Ani, my dear, I think that you took great effort to seek pictures for me and all the pictures are absolutely apt. Thank you so much my dear friend.
    Infact I am proud of being a member in Indusladies and I even showed your responses to my hubby and he is convinsed that how it is useful in a critical condition. I will surely send a picture of my daughter to you. Please pray for her best performance.

5. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

No probs at all Anu!

Seeing your enthusiasm & eagerness to learn, I was reminded of how my mother was feeling during my 1st preformance.

I am certain she will do her best.

There is only one thing which enhances any performance.... & that is a SMILE..... Tell your daughter to do that, no matter how nervous she is... she'll feel better!

6. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Hi Anu Aunty

I'm glad we could be of help to you.

After all the hard work that you put in to dress her up, the ultimate gift would be (I'm sure my mom will agree with me on this!) to see your daughter performing on stage ... by the way, what is her name?

All the best for your daughter's programme. I'm sure she'll do great!!!

7. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Hi JustAni

I was amazed looking at your posts! They were so descriptive and the pictures would have made it easy for her to understand.
    Even I was reminded of my first programme ... it was a dance competition at school ... I remember being woken up at 4am to get ready by 7am ... my mother was so tensed and she was praying for me!!!

Absolutely correct ... the audience will enjoy the performance when it is performed with a smile ...

JustAni, are you still dancing?

8. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Anu,
    I am glad that we have been of some help to you. It is the moms who are nervous, but the kids dance their way to the audiences' hearts. Till date, I feel nervous, before Swetha comes on stage.

Please double check to ensure that her dress has been pinned properly. You can use golden colour pins, so you can pin them from out.
    False hair is tied to the real hair with extra thread for safety.
    After you have completed the dressing, tell her to sit ARAI MANDI, Full sitting & also jump. This will ensure that all fittings are fine.

Another important thing to note:
    Salangai should be first worn on the right leg. While removing, first remove from the left leg.
    Wish you good luck for the program. Please do send us some photos.

Regards
    USHA

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  9. anu2001

anu2001 New IL'ite

Dear usha madam,
    Another important thing to note:
    Salangai should be first worn on the right leg. While removing, first remove from the left leg.
    Again a valuable piece of information! Actually I am unaware of it and I will definitely keep it in mind while wearing salangai. I am very much thankful to you. After the program I will share my feelings and photos.

10. anu2001

anu2001 New IL'ite

Dear Anita,
    Thank you so much for sharing ID. As you think, I am very much tensed but, I am getting somewhat relief while reading your responses.
    Definitely, I will share my experiences and photos, my dear friend.
    Thank you so much
    anu