1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need a second hand Veena

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by VidyaaJ, Dec 31, 2008.

1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hello friends, I am planning to go for Veena classes from January. I need to buy a Veena before that. I am looking for a good second hand veena. Please suggest me from where can I get it. Thanks, Vidyaa

2. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Please also let me know if you know any good shops near mylapore for getting Veena.

Thanks
    Vidyaa

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Vidhya

What is your budget. I would suggest a shop I go for musical instruments..recently brought a keyboard for my DD and am planning to get a violin from them.

4. rjhari

rjhari New IL'ite

I approached from my music teacher. I bought veena 2 times, Second hand and later new one. both times I approached through my teacher. They can test it before buying.

5. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi,

i have been learning veena for past 7 years. and now there is a break as my veena teacher had gone to her native place.

i shall give you the address and phone number of the person from where i bought my veena (second hand).

Sankar Musicals, 7, M.K. Amman Koil Street, Mylapore, Chennai - 600004.
    Phone : 24985383

this shop is located in the street where Mundagakkanni Amman Temple is located.

but i would strongly suggest, that you take someone who know about the instrument for purchasing. you can request your teacher too.

good luck :thumbsup.

6. SudhaMakesh

SudhaMakesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I live in USA. I am planning to start my veena classes by July. My parents are coming to USA from India by July. So planning to purchase in India and bring here as a check in baggage...

Does anybody did that? how much did it cost for you with the airlines? Please help. Thanks.