1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like Remix fil songs ?

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by swarnalata.N.S., May 31, 2008.

1. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Hullo !

There is so much remix craze these days. Many old film songs are remixed. First , only remix albums use to come. Now remix songs are used in movies too.

Making one song by mixing many popular songs was old practise, even in some old movies , used like that. But now they are taking full songs adding different modern background music and making new song. We are used to old songs in original form so , new variety sound very strange and noisy.

I have heard some remix albums. Only some are nice, like fast songs. ( one remix of the MGR song "Thulluvatho Ilamai " was good) A Srilanka Pop Music Band had made weaternised Rock ( or Rap) song with Ilayaraja's " Madai thiranthu " (SP)and it sounded really good.

But if they take nice melody songs of M.S.Viswanathan and others and add some loud drums and all, it sounds like murdering that melody.

I did not like AR Rahman's remix of "Thottaal Poo Malarum" but the remixed "Ponmagal Vanthaal" was OK because original song also was fast and dance music. " Ennamma Kannu Sowkyama" was so-so because not much change. Now latest, " Maasi maatham aalana ponnu" gives me ear pain !. That beautiful smooth -flow melody is totally murdered. Especially that female voice does not fit the lyrics at all.

What is your opinion ?

2. cutedeeps

cutedeeps New IL'ite

hi hws u thxs 4 sharing paper pulp method can u tell me hw to make skeleton of wire n hw to give shapes of eyes
    can u plz help

3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi Swarnalatha,

Nice topic to discuss. Basically, I dont like remix songs. I dont like to disturb the originality of the song. My suggestion would be, just to get inspired from a good old song and not remix or use the same track.There are lots to be discovered yet, why not young musicians find them out and create a new trend instead of going for remixes.

Legends like S.P.B, Music Director Vishwanathan have even openly expressed their views against remixes. I do agree the reason behind their statement.

4. shweta_mhatre

shweta_mhatre New IL'ite

Re:like old hindi film songs?

Hi
    I like remix hindi old film songs.
    IT is being presented in a newly modified way with new music new beats and all...hence I enjoy listening those remixed songs

5. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi
    in 90's there used to be soooooo many remix hindhi pop albums which were sooo gud..Twas bally sagoo who first remixed all the old hindhi songs and released them as pop albums..

i really njoyed watching/hearing remixed version of the song dil kya kare(form the old hindhi film julie) during my college days..

In tamil,we dont have private albums much,but the remix trend is slowly catching up in tamil films..As u said only a few remixed songs are worth listening..

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  6. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

I dont like remix songs too......all ican hear in those remix ones is dhoomd hoom dhoom some nonsense drum beat..or some group of people shouting in the background of the songs..the natural melody of the songs is lost in such remix ones,,,

7. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

I think the old hindi film songs were a treat to ears to listen to , there remix is not great fun ,
    Some Remixes are good and some are a blunder caused to them ,
    Also old is gold and like bollywood old hindi songs

8. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

I don't like remix songs coz they spoil the originality and melody of that song.

9. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

But i think few of the remixed songs are not good too.
    The new party songs are all remixed and than played in any party.