Aamchi Mumbai

Discussion in 'Mumbai & Navi Mumbai' started by iyerviji, Mar 1, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I am proud to be a Mumbaite. We came here from Hyderabad in 1965 and from that time we are here. Now if anyone tells me to go and settle somewhere else in India I would not like to go and settle. There are so many places here and the best transport we have. I have travelled in train, bus , contract bus etc. while I was working. The next day only I joined Office and that too in a place near VT. Had to travel in train and you know how difficult it is to travel by train in Mumbai, you should be an expert. First few days my brother came to leave me because I was new to Mumbai. Then when I learnt to go alone he stopped coming. There are ladies and gents compartment. Once he came as he had some work that side. He got into gents and myself in ladies. But after getting down at VT station I forgot that he is also there and went to the Office. Poor fellow he was waiting for me and later he phoned to ask then only I remembered that he was also in the same train. Though it is mechanical life here people like it here . Trains are always crowded any part of the day.

During rains there is always problem in getting into thethe train , sometimes due to floods we used to have problem and somehow orother we used to reach home. We have also got down and walked throught he tracks those times;. Once I never knew that heavy rain was outside and it was flooded in some places. Somehow managed to reach my relations house in Matunga and that time we never had phone also in our house and somehow sent the message to my brother in law's office and they informed my dh and next day only I could go home. That night I did not get sleep till I reached home.

Everyday after work we ladies used to have something and then go home. You all know Mumbai is famous for Vada Pav, Bhel Puri, Pav Bhaji , Dahi Batata Puri etc. In Fort area there are many good hotels and our favourite was Vihar hotel where we sometimes used to go for lunch. In Mumbai Thali food is also famous. In Thali you can have Puri, bhajis, one sweet, sambhar ,rasam, dahi, rice , papad etc. It depends how we order.

There are so many places in Mumbai. There is Siddhi Vinayak Temple in in Mahalaxmi Prabhadevi and Mahalakshmi Templewhich is one of the most famous temples of Mumbai situated on Bhulabhai Desai Road in Mahalaxmi area. Since I was working in Prabhadevi I had the opportunity to go to the temple once in a week when I used to travel by train for 25 years and later everyday when I used to travel by Contract Bus. Those days there was no security in the temple but now a days it takes time to go inside. They dont allow coconuts in the temple now. Lord Ganapathy has fulfilled so many people's wishes. We used to go to Mahalakshmi temple during lunch time on important occasions. Because of Her Mumbai is a wealthy place and praying to her everyone gets wealth and happiness. During Navratri it is very crowded and a big Q will be there but still people come far to visit Her.

The buses here are called B.E.S.T. and first time when I saw the buses I thought they are best buses , then onlycame to know that it was B.E.S.T.. Also once when I was travelling in the bus the conductor said kismat vale uthar jao, I thought Only lucky people can get down there , then only knew he was saying because in that place Kismat Talkies wasthere thats why he said like that.

There are so many things about Mumbai but in one post cant mention everything . I am posting here the photos of Siddhi Vinayak Temple and Mahalakshmi Temple

6 people like this.

2. iyerviji

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Yes a mumbaikar always a mumbaikar.. You can never take mumbai out of the person who has lived in mumbai... Miss you mumbai... Love you mumbai

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

Thanks Swathi dear for the first like and only fb so far

5. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

Ma even Hyderabad is also a good place,I hurtuuuu anduku raruuthinkingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  6. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

yes ma'am u r right. I alo like mumbai a lot. wish togo there again n again. I also like chennai n blore a lot. people in chennai r very warm. they help u even if u don't know them.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Bavishya dear I also like Hyderabad. I had stayed there from the age of 6 to 22 yrs. Did my schooling there. But now everything is changed there.

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

Glad to know you too like Mumbai a lot. Glad to know you like Chennai and Bangalore too

9. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

Yes ma lot of changes.come once and visit our place

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

Bavishya dear if I get an opportunity will defintely visit