1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rab Ne bana di Jodi - review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ria2006, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hi Folks,

Its been a while I caught up on hindi movies. So we decided to give early shot to latest flick - RNBDJ. well my verdict : movie is due for hit.

I would give it 3 out 5. And shahrukh's acting gets 10 /10. New actress Anushka sharma is quite a refreshing face. And she does hold her own despite of acting against superstar. Nowhere you will find her delivering weak and passable performance. She does try very hard and stands out. Its the script which doesnot give her much scope though.

Story revolves around Shahrukh being average government employee and landing himself married suddenly. His new wife is grieving under severe loss she suffered. And there on how do they get their totally dead married life to alive is the whole story.

All and all its Shahrukh's show and he does it with elan. About story line , it simple and straightforward. Though at time over mention of concept of love does leave gasping for fresh air. Why our movies so hell bent of love. When there are ten thousand other human emotions which are more real and everyday affair. Double role of Shahrukh at times leaves you wanting to be treated with different eye candy. Some additional characters in movie may have helped. Vinayak Pathak does a fabulous job as Shahrukh's friend in need.

Small town look and realistic set endears you to movie. With couple of meldoious song tracks thrown in , movies does make up for good weekend getaway.

Ria

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Ria

Thanks for the review. I wanted to watch it after seeing the ad with Sharukh in a different hairstyle and specs! Waiting for the DVD..

3. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

hi ria, thanks for review, i want to watch the movie in this week end.

4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Thanks Ria for the review! I'm a big SRK fan so will definitely not miss this movie!

5. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

i wanted to see this movie.. but all of my friends who watched this gave it 1/5 rating... and told me the story was as boring as OSO... :bowdown

6. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Pavi , the screenplay is really bad and no great punchlines but guess you can watch it once.

Ria , that was a good review.:thumbsup

7. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

I was really waiting for this movie and watched this movie in the late night around 1am.It was very disappointing fr me ,,I felt very boring of the story line which anyone can expect what will happen in the end..first song is lovely..I liked anushka but she is not extra ordinary..Shahrukh s good but his clothes are too tight in his new avatar, which is quite strange..

Thanks for review Ria..

Hugs,
    dg.

8. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

I watched this movie just 2 days ago....some how i liked the way shahrukh khan acted in this movie....i enjoyed watching the movie...though it was a bit slow movie....songs were really foot tapping...

9. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

am wondering when they would give us a real good movie.. Has all the theme exhausted?? or is it that the director's have lost their sense of creativity... :bowdown

10. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

hi friends,

i just the movie and cam to il and by chance opened this thread.
    i read different views about movie.....

i would rate 4/5 and it will surely be a hit ,i lived sharuks acting and whole movie .shahruks acting 10/10.

there were only 3 main characters but i didnt feel at all boring.......
    actually i never imagined shahruhk in that get up .....which i saw in this movie

its a different kind of movie ,can enjoy once.