1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Pongal Movies Review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by poovai, Jan 28, 2016.

1. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

If you have a chance to see the following Tamil movies, please post your view:

1) Gethu - Udhayanidhi Stalin, Amy Jackson,

2) Kathakali - Vishal, Catherine Tresa

3) Rajini Murugan - Sivakarthikeyan, Keerthy Suresh, Soori, Samuthirakani

4) Tharai Thappattai - Sasikumar, Varalaxmi Sarathkumar

2. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Kathakali - The story is carried out over many phone conversations. 4-friends were looking at each other suspiciously, who killed the bad guy? The police was trying to close the case by pointing to the 1st person whose name came up on the investigation.

Gethu - started ok, but I lost interest when the mystery man "showed" up.

Rajini Murugan - Samuthirakani acted as a shameless thug. Cannot stand SK/Soori

Tharai Thappattai - First half of the movie - A low class festival music/dance troop with vulgar language dialogues. 2nd half - in depth details of an underground human trafficking surrogacy market which was run by a psychopath.

1 person likes this.
  3. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

Stories as written by poovai. Regarding review

Tharai Thappatai: I started with lot of expectations and movie did not meet them. Acting as usual exceptional like Balas film, music by king esp. paruruvaya and idarinum song takes to the next level. Story did not have any impact as like other bala movies. Really below average movie.

Gethu: havent watched yet

Rajini murugan: My husband after Varuthapadatha VAlibar Sangam, became huge fan of SK and Suri so watched with lot of expectations. For me VVS was good but this one, cant make me even smile. Huge disappointment for Hubby as it was also average. Lame story and not even good comedy.

Kathakali: Story was ok but felt it was slow moving with most story over narration and phone. Liked the concept of who dun it but it could be made better as a thriller.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jyo17

Jyo17 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

In short, I would say all the 4 are a disappointment. The reviews given by our friends are very much true.

Nothing made its best.

Instead I would add another movie here - "Irudhi sutru" comparatively done a better job than the Pongal release movies.

My Reviews :

Thara Thapatai : Varalakshmi has done her job neatly. and has become a talk of the cine town but movie hasn't shown any impact the way Bala's film usually does. Song are good.

Gethu : Name la daan pa Gethu other wise "Vethu". Sorry but it wasn't that thrilling or mysterious they way they say.

Rajini murugan : Below average movie, has become average by the presence of Siva Karthikean. Jokes are no good, just you can laugh with the crowd, but nothing that makes you laugh from your heart. Shameless thug - samuthirakani. "Mokka" climax.

And heroin's dad, when he imitates Rajnikanth in his hairstyle, walk and showing his film dialogues to his kids while advising them, all this looks childish.

Kathakali : It's fine among the four. But slow moving, and the entire story runs on narration, phone talks and finding the person who killed the main Don of cuddalore.

Vijay's new film "Theri" - Teaser has released. Avalo theri aa ela, again the same Cop role he plays, and I guess he has a daughter and he is the single parent who teaches his daughter rhymes while beating the thugs in the police station. (Review of the Teaser)

Thank you.
    Jyo

2 people like this.
  5. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

@Jyo17, Good guess... 'Yennai Arindhaal' - Vijay's version?

1 person likes this.
  6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

caught up on Rajini murugan.. Seriously ?! among the list of movies if this is considered the best, then I'm wondering how bad other movies are ?

Idhuve ivlo mokkai na, mathadhu ellaam eppadi ?

No new jokes , Suri has more role than anyone .

7. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Havent watched any of these, but a general question on why audience has not totally discarded Suri yet? Total useless actor/comedian - that sure-waste Suri

1 person likes this.
  8. Jyo17

Jyo17 Bronze IL'ite

Looks so dear, lets wait for the Trailer.
    But if you are in a sad mood, or angry something, then watch this Theri teaser, its quiet funny.

No offense Vijay fans :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

"I am waiting" for theri

1 person likes this.
  10. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Well suri kind of replaced a vacant spot left by Vadivelu.
    Its not approved by audience, vera vazhi illai.

2 people like this.