1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Movie dialogues/situations/songs in our daily lives:)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jithiks, May 31, 2008.

1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hello IL'ites,

All of us watch many movies for entertainment and some movie dialogues or scenes are etched in our memory forever. Other movies are forgettable depending on the movie's quality, our mood that day etc.

For instance,certain dialogues or songs just crop out of the blue when we are talking/watching or just doing chores alone.

Has it happened to you? If so, can you share it here? :)

I'll give you certain examples...

This thread was inspired by Nandhu's reply to a thread started by Bhargavi (Sriniketan), Allergic to pets...

Nandhu had replied...Big Laugh...

Thats a nice name jujaan, what does it mean?

My level of hindi is "Ek kawoon mein ek kissan raghu thatha"

I was laughing so much when I read this post..that my children were taken aback ! :)

This dialogue is from the movie "Indru Poi Naalai Vaa" where the hero's friend tries to learn Hindi from the heroine's father.

Usually, I refer to the same dialogue when my kids munch/eat something when they are studying or I am quizzing them. Big Laugh

This makes the situation more humorous and all of us end up laughing !

In fact, these dialogues sometimes even make some tense moments ease up and dissolve into nothing.

When 2 people are arguing..and the 3rd person asks one of them to stop...then one of the 2...can say..

"Avana Niruthachollu, Naan Nirutharen" (meaning ask him to stop..then I will do so...)
    The above dialogue is from the Tamil movie "Nayagan" when Kamal's daughter Karthika..asks him to stop his illegal activities.

When somebody is too proud when they have accomplished something...
    just for fun..we say...

"Adhula enna perumai..get out !!" (what is to there to be proud about..get out)

This dialogue is from the Tamil movie..."Thillu Mullu" when Thengai srinivasan asks this during an interview.

Thengai Srinivasan: Satayil enna? (what is in your shirt?)
    Man : Poonai Sir (Cat sir.)

TS: Adhula enna perumai..get out...

In "Vasool Raja" Kamal will say "Kizha mozhi" for "Pazha Mozhi" ( meaning ancient language) and when somebody asks him as to what it means..he replies...Joke ai Rasikanum..Aarayakoodaadhu... :rotfl

It means we should appreciate a joke..but not dissect and research it since it will lose its essence.

When we call or talk to somebody and they didn't hear us...
    we say.."Kaadhu ketkaadha..ethana naala..." ( Are you deaf...for how many days?)

This dialogue is from the comedy movie.."Manal Kayiru" where S.V.Shekar asks this to his father in law !! Totally hilarious movie..

Similarly, when we leave home, all packed for vacation..we make sure the kids are in the car first..since we don't want the same situation where the whole family leaves the small boy at home..all alone..- from the movie "Home Alone".

So, IL'ites, share your humourous incidents where you feel like quoting movie dialogues or sometimes in our mind..since we may not be able to utter it aloud..Other cases..it might just happen...!

It can be from any language movie..as long as you can translate it for us..

Tamil, English,Hindi, Malayalam, Telugu, kannada..etc...

Cheers
    Krithika

2. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Krithika,

You have come up with a Interesting and humorous topic :biggrin2: ...

1. Sometimes, I couldn't hear much feeble sound and when my hubby says something, I ask him 'What did you say now ?' and he replies 'Iva Kadhu ketkadhu, Ivan kannu sweetu bannu' (her ears cannot hear, her eyes is sweet bun) it is from Chandrababu song Big Laugh...

2.Similarly, my hubby orders something, to make situation funny he replies 'Adhu' (That) which was famous dialogue by Ajit ...

3. Also, when my hubby shouts at me, I will say 'Naan oruthi illa, Yennaku pinadi 3 per irrukanga (I mean my kids Big Laugh) ... (I am not one, I have 3 back of me) ...

4. When my hubby asks me to cook something specially, I will say, 'Chellam, Salt irrukum, Chilly, irrukum, anna taste thaan irukadhu'Big Laughthis is also from Ajits movie .... (Salt will be there, Chilly will be there only taste will not be there ) As Ajit says 'Kai irrukum, Kal irukum, Thala mattum irukadhu ... (hands will be there, legs will be there, only head will not be there)...

5. When holidays comes, my hubby tells me 'Chellam, nalaikku leavennu sollala, Nee nalla samaika matennu sollala anna idhellam nadanthidumonnu payama irrukku' this one said by Madavan from movie 'alaipayuthey' (I didn't say that leave tomorrow, i didn't say you will not cook well but I am scared that it will happen :hide:) ... In movie Madhavan says 'Nee romba azaka irukennu sollala, una love panrennu ninaikala aana idhelam nadanthidu monnu bayama irruku' (I didnt say you are beautiful, I didnt say I love you, but I am scared whether this all will happen)

Big LaughBig LaughBig LaughHope you all enjoyed our family cum cinema dialogues ... Regards, Suni ... :)

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Nice topic Krithika...

I thought it was just me.. nice to see so many like minded fun loving people around..
    You and suni have covered most of my dialogues Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh I do that maddy dialogue very often..

Also lot of vivek and vadivel comedies.. few that I remember now:

(1) Winner movie: Vadivel - He will be having a club in a village called - Varuthapadaatha valibar sangam - Meaning - carefree youth club(?) and he does lots of stupid stuff and will get caught. Whenever they ask why are you doing such stuff, he will reply "ithu valiba vayasu" - Its youth age. We use to say these whenever we are caught with "how can you's" or "how dare you's" from people ;)

(2)Dhool Movie: Vivek would have built paper weights to impress reema sen.. He would have posters of all big hollywood actors with six packs face part removed and replaced with his face.. Reema will be so impressed seeing all that, will ask "Is that you". In his own style, he will answer "yeaahh its me". If I do any mischief or want to accept some compliments for new dishes that I would have tried, I say this "mrgreen:

(3)Kamal: In very upsetting/sad situation, he will shout aaah, aaaaahhh, I think who have watched his movies will know that. If some of our friends couldnt make it to the dinner or getaways, now you know how we will react HarharHarhar

(4) Nayagan Movie:
    Grandkid will ask Kamal when police take him away, "Naanga nalavara Kettavara" - Are you a good or bad man? One situation, If my husband sightsees beach babies or if I do something like that(obviosuly 6 packs BTW).. we ask each other ;) or when friends does something out of ordinary

(5) Naataamai(?): Some character is the president of the local panyachat or something like that. He is the lord and gives out solutions to all of the villagers problems. In such a situation, when this guy gives a verdict, villain will be so against that he will say "Naataamai, theerpa maathi sollu" - "President(?), change your verdict" - If parents or anyone say something that we don;t agree with, we use to say this..

(6) Vadivelu And kovai sarala: It was a trend sometime, that these 2 will be the couple in most of the movies and hubby will get good kickings from his wife. Before hitting, his wife will ask "Ennathu ithu - Whats this?" and he will reply "Chuuuumaaa - Nothing". If either of us does something like me watching mega serials when his games going on or when I eat off his share of pani puri and stuff like that.. we used to say these dialogues...

More later.. nothing top of my mind now..

Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  4. Revathi

Revathi Senior IL'ite

Hi krithika,
    nice and humourous topic.1.if my son(4yrs) does any mischievous things or spoiled something, he will try to hide from me but i will find him easily.because his eyes will show him up openly.that times i use to say the famous Gowndamani's dialogue about senthil in tamil movies,"enthentha vishayathuku eppadieppadi muzhiya maththuvennu theriumdi"..............means i know how you change your eyes for different things.
    2.usualy my husband used say these dialogues when he comes very late from his work."leta vanthlum latesta varuven"...........though i come late coming with latest fashion.OR "eppa varuven eppadi varuvennu theriyathu,aana varavendiya neraththukku correcta varuven' .............don't know when and how will i come but will come on the right time...........he tells this when he comes around my son's bedtime.
    pl bare with my translation.lots more in mind...........will share with you later.

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Revathi, thalaivar dialogue.. how did I miss it..

yep, thats the famous line right???

I am imagining your kid with his naughty look.. Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh I guess it will be so fun !!

6. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,

All the dialogues you've mentioned are absolutely funny and we do use most of them.
    Sometimes, it comes so naturally that now it is tough to actually point out that it is actually a dialogue.

It is ingrained so much in our system that whenever I recall and laugh my head off (oblivious to the surrounding), my kids think that I've gone crazy.

Keep posting more funny snippets/dialogues..when you think of them.

These really lighten up our mood ! :)

Cheeers
    Krithika

7. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Nandhu,

I took the cue from your "matter-of -fact" funny reply in Sriniketan's thread !

சொன்னது நீதானா சொல் சொல் ..........? :-D

Oru "Nayagiyaga" irundhukondu "Naatamai" pannama Kovai Sarala stylil "Dhool" kilapeeyirukeenga !

Ada Ponga..neenga than "Winner" ! Adhu Adhu Adhu ! Big Laugh

Cheers
    Krithika

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Revathi,

Unga posta oru dhadavai padicha..nooru dhadava paducha maadhiri, Thalaivi ( If i read your post once, its as good as reading it 100 times!) Big Laugh

I could relate your reaction to your son's mischief with his "Thiru thiru muzhi"..that is sooo cute !! :kiss

Solla vendiya nerathula latest agavum correct aagavum solli irukeenga ! ( You've said it the latest (dialogue) at the right moment.

Besh Besh Romba nanna Irukku ( Very good..excellent)

I am straining at the leash...to see you unleash more and more (of funny dialogues)

Cheers
    Krithika

9. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Krithika, Nandhu and Revathi,

You all have covered most of the dialogues ... that too Super Star dialogues how did I miss bonk ... Before I used to remember alot but now a days I forget :hide:...

'Yeppadi irundha Naan ipadhi agitaenaey' (how I was before, I have become like this) ..

Hope everyone knows this Famous diaglogue by Viviek (i don't remember the film) ... But, once he was acting for a advertisement shooting, Director Manobala, will ask Vivek to say this Dialogue for which He reacts on difference ways Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh... Oh my god, I still laughing when I think that scene ... 'Yeppadi irundha naan ipadi agitaeney'

We keep sometimes race between kids while eating their lunch or dinner ... Mostly, my son wins and my daughter gets her face :frown: ... My hubby immediately to encourage her will say 'Yaaru Mudhala First varangandradhu mukiyam illa, Lastla Yaaru First varangandhradhu thaan mukiyam' Big Laugh... (Who comes first in first is not important , who comes first in last is important) this comes from Little super star SIMBU ...

Enjoying with all our Friends Dialogues Krithika Big Laugh... Regards, Suni ... :)

10. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunitha,

That's another wonderful set of dialogues you've mentioned !

Vivek and Vadivelu's comedy are really hilarious..

In Minnale..Maddy and Vivek go to a petrol bunk (gas station) to fill up petrol..and the guy asks "Sir, evvalavu podanum?" (meaning..how much should I fill the tank?)

Since both maddy and vivek will be preoccupied , Vivek will reply, " Oru 1000 litre poden" ( Meaning fill 1000 litres). For that the guy will be shocked.

We say this when we are questioned about something..and we are preoccupied Big Laugh

Devar Magan: Kamal asks Revathi to sing..and she tries to..and replies..
    "Verum Kathuthanga Varadhu".(meaning only air is coming out and she is not bale to sing) We say this when we have sore throat and not able to speak...:)

Keep sharing more funny incidents..friends..makes the day more cheerful !!

Cheers
    Krithika