1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrity spotting??

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, May 3, 2015.

1. ash34

ash34 New IL'ite

I have seen Sun TV Vj Archana( not namma veetu kalyanam archana) , its the other girl.I was shopping in the pondybazar platform stalls and she crossed me.We both made eye contact and I immediately recognised her.She looks exactly same like as we see in tv, was wearing makeup too( guess nobody comes out without makeup :) )

And very recently ( a week ago) saw actor pandiyarajan and his wife. He is very short , fit for his age and looks same as we see in movies.His wife looks very ordinary like any other middle aged woman out there.

1 person likes this.
  2. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Nice thread!

I saw Shah rukh Khan at the mumbai domestic airport once when I was there.

Gosh he looked so good in a crisp white shirt and black shades!

This was right after Rab ne bana di jodi. My opinion of him had changed after I watched the movie. He looked old and frail in it.
    But when I saw him in person I realised shah rukh is the man!

Other people I have seen are Rakshanda Khan. She looked very fair and pretty.
    These people are actually slimmer than they look on tv.

3 people like this.
  3. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Let me list my celebrities..

1. Actress Shobhana. I was shopping in one of the shops in Khader Nawas Khan road. She was standing next to me . I didn't recognize and my bro was nudging me. Then he whispered that she was shobhana. Sans makeup.. she was looking very beautiful than in the movies.
    2. Madan Pap or Babu.. . The actor who keeps laughing weirdly. Was with his family. The same shop.. same road. Luckily he was not laughing.
    3. Shreyas Talpade.. In a multiplex. He had come during the break of DOR movie
    His wife was also in the theatre watching the movie. He introduced her to all. Very talented guy. He enacted a few scenes on request
    4. Gul Panag.. Same multiplex. Same reason. Very tall and beautiful. Clear skin. Was looking more slimmer than in movies
    5. Actor Ponnambalam (The villain) - In a domestic flight..from mumbai to chennai. Was sitting in the front seat. My DH had spotted and told me. No one in the flight recognized him. I spoke to him :) Was not looking that 'villainy' in person
    6. Sohail Khan. In a flight from Mumbai to Goa. All young girls were waiting for flight take-off to take autograph from him !!?? Was having lot of pimples..red..in face
    7. Pepsi Uma. Many times.... In a crowd, she looks radiant. Tall and beautiful. Has a bright golden skin color.
    8. Actor Vijayakanth.. One of the famous theatre owner's in Mumbai is a close friend of FIL. He is actually close to Rajinikanth. So went for his daughter's marriage expecting Rajinikanth..but ended up seeing Vijayakanth.
    Some TV serial actress in Pondy. Unable to recall. Hmm the folk singer and his wife. (Kuppusamy). Wife was very very short. But extremely fair.

3 people like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Wow so many celebrities!

forgot to add..saw manisha koirala in JFK some 4 yrs back..I first thought she was some American.then hubby said it was manisha.no one ,even our desi Makkal we're not bothered.i was only excited :) she had a great complexion,looked way young and was very slim!!! And was dressed up also very well.she looked friendly,down to earth and threw no airs.

super impressed!

another one was tamil actress sukanya..OMG...such a show off!

5. happygirl22

happygirl22 Bronze IL'ite

Shobana looks very pretty in person. Have seen her dance shows several times!

1 person likes this.
  6. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

I have met singer Unnikrishnan in a train journey. Got his autograph.

And yester year actress Meenakshi Sheshadri in the same train journey!!

1 person likes this.
  7. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

OMGGGGGG:eek:mg: SHAH RUKH KHAN!!!!!

Lucky u!! >envy< sigh...

2 people like this.
  8. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

i had seen Lata Mangeshkar, ARR and few other musicians during a live music performance in Delhi way back in 2000. i remember ,the crowd went crazy during bande matram song!!

I had also seen Palash Sen(in 2003) and Abhijit(in 1996) during other live performances.

I have also spotted Rahul Bose, he doesn't look like some celebrity, looks very very boy next door kind...

I have also seen Jeet and moon moon sen and some producers from Bengali film industry in Calcutta, in airports, restaurants and markets. Jeet looks great just like in movies, he came for some cafe launch!

I have also seen Rachana Banerjee from Oriya/Bengali/Tamil film industry in Cuttack Orissa, at her flat, also met her mom and dad. They were staying in the same apartment as ours, in 2000. I also spotted Siddhanta Mahapatra there as well. And few other musicians and producers from Oriya film industry that time. Rachana used to apply too much make up all the time. And Siddhanta looked very very normal, i didn't even realize that he is a star when i passed by while he was standing next to the stairs. Only when my friends told me i realized who he is.

I also saw Indrani Halder, she looks very short in real and is quite dark too. Not like what she looks in TV, she looks much better on camera.

1 person likes this.
  9. mimmyme

mimmyme Gold IL'ite

Madhuri Dixit- in her visit to my college, she is sooo fair and beautiful. Had meal with us, very soft and cute voice

Rahul Dravid..at Banglore airport we were in the same flight, he was there just like a common man

Poonam Dhillon - mumbai ariport

Anu Malik - Pair airport surrounded by girls

Ajay Devgan - Taj Blue diamond

1 person likes this.
  10. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Saw vijay Mallya at Bangalore airport. He wore his signature white jacket.

saw ar Rahman in his live music show in Detroit. He is very decent, calm as usual.

saw Devi Shri prasad, music director in live show in Detroit. He did very silly jokes on some girls, IT was not a good show .

saw sumalatha in a hospital in Bangalore , near doctor visiting room, she is very tall. I didn't see her face first, my dh told me.

1 person likes this.