1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrity spotting??

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, May 3, 2015.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

So no one seen maddy yet?sigh..big fan here lolkneesmiley

2. LordIsMyHope

LordIsMyHope Bronze IL'ite

Yes very pretty face. she gained too much weight might be some health problem.

1 person likes this.
  3. happygirl22

happygirl22 Bronze IL'ite

Awrite, let's go!

I am indirectly, very distantly related to Kamal. So, have met him and his family during numerous occasions. Never knew who he was only. But I have played around with Shruti and have some pics of us in lame paavadai sattais. Out of focus kinds. I vaguely recollect my cousins and me mocking at her tamil skills. We were a rowdy bunch, my cousins. This was before his divorce with Sarika, so really long back.

Now - I do like her but I terribly wish she spoke better tamil! Kamal's daughter, for heavens sake. And her accent is super annoying.

Saw Raadhika, Ramya Krishnan, Nanda (eeram) in airports. Raadhika is very short but has a charming personality ( this was during chithi times) and Ramya looks stellar even now ( saw about a year back). Obviously, didn't speak.

Saw Seetha ( Parthiban's ex) at Pondy Bazaar while shopping. She looked like a milk statue!

Namitha at Isphani Centre - she looks fantastic!

Surya and Jo with their family - Karthi was there too, but this was before he came to films at Taj. We were there for lunch and so were they. Whole family, including Brinda and her kids etc. Diya was about 2 years then. Surya was moving around a lot and being loud, clicking pics with digi cam and all.

I worked near Danush's then flat at Santhome. No, I have not seen him or his wife but his kid :D haha, not a celebrity now, but who knows! He studied in some preschool near home and walked with a maid. Appo, everyone around was like Rajni peran paaru. No smartphones then like now!

Gautami at Universal Studios Singapore. There's a night pass that's sold only on select days. She was in around 8 pm with her daughter and we stayed for the fireworks too. I have seen her before too, but this time she looked even gorgeousss!

Actor Vijay at American International School - his kid studies there. I was there for some work and for a long time, kept staring at this man leaning on a pillar thinking I have seen him somewhere nu. Then baaam, realized who! He was in khaki cargos, light khaki t-shirt, unshaven, overgrown hair! Slim, proper and fit but very unassuming!

Same way, saw Vikram pick up his kids at Arsha Vidya Mandir. Very charming and smart looking! This was again, really long back 2007 or so.

Actor Prashanth at TTDC temple ( before his marriage), T Nagar.

Actress Sneha ( during Autograph movie time) at the real Tirumala temple!

Other than this, some other serial/TV faces.

- Vijay Adhiraj and his wife - several times around Chennai Citi Centre
    - Meenakshi in Saravanan Meenakshi - Chennai Central, boarding a train to Varkaala. Same train!
    - Kiki - that maanada mayilada girl and Vijay TV Ramya - schoolmates, can't say celebrities but yea, you know. Not close with either, but think both are nice and level headed - atleast in school. Kiki was yogalakshmi in school.

Ok, people I wish I meet!

Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra and Deepika - from Bollywood
    Ajith, Danush, Thalaivar and Prakashraj ( if possible to talk with him)! - from Tamil Cinema.

Non-actors wish list

Maniratnam and ARR!

1 person likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Wow happy girl...u did make me happy with your reply:)

i have met prakashraj twice..
    Once during duet movie days and lastly in2005..

he he does have sharp features..eyes are plus point.
    ahith during kadhal kottai days..good looking guy just like u see him in movies

5. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Wow !! you seem to have always been spotting celebrities. Are you a Journalist..?

1 person likes this.
  6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Gautami at Kapali kovil... she looked gorgeous, with short hair and flawless skin, sans make up.

Khushboo at Citicenter (Landmark or Crosswords... what is that bookstore at Citicenter???) .. she looked like.... Khushboo! She was pretty down to earth, of course none of the people kandufied her. And she was also just herself.. no airs.

Parthiban many many years ago, when he shot a maha ottayana padam called "Sugamaana sumaigal" near our home in Mylapore. I was one of the pig-tailed kids standing around the shooting spot watching all the activities! He pinched my cheek!!!

Swarnamalya was a college senior, she was the cultural secretary, pretty down to earth and easy to talk to.

@happygirl22, totally agree with Shruthi's Tamizh accent. Even more annoying than the accent itself is Kamal's hypocrisy! I remember this Vijay TV program (he was promoting Vishwaroopam I think) and he commented on how some people pronounce "solluvanga" and "Sholluvaanga" "Seri" and "Sheri" and so on.... (obviously attacking Brahmins) and I was thinking to my self "dude... please"

1 person likes this.
  7. happygirl22

No, I just ooru-soothify too much. True strory.

2 people like this.
  8. happygirl22

Oh nice! I want to meet him after reading about him on the Vikatan series. Amazing conversationalist, I feel.

1 person likes this.
  9. happygirl22

MOP?! Me too! I joined after she graduated, though. Shruti's accent sucks. She needs to really work on talking like not singing or whatever it is.

1 person likes this.
  10. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

I believe you. I have seen some 'celebrities' in PondiBazaar and Khader Nawas Khan Road. (I suthufy less.. still i could spot.. :).. So not surprised that you spotted so many)

I remember standing in Bandstand, Bandra to get a glimpse of SRK.. but never got :)

1 person likes this.