1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Uthama Villain, 1st Day 1st Show Anyone?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by kaniths, May 1, 2015.

How was the Movie?

Poll closed May 11, 2015.
  1. Poor

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Average

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. Superrr 10/10

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Anyone watching this weekend? Post updates r reviews pls... :)

Admin Note:
    Rate the movie using the "Rate this Thread" menu that you see on the top. The display of the *Stars* besides the thread will instantly show the IL'ites rating of this movie.

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Not sure about this weekend. May be next weekend. But I want to watch for sure.

3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

@vanithasudhir Vaanga intha pakkam pls

4. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha.. Innoru.. 'Vedhanai'..ya back to back weekend anubavikkura alavakku enakku thembu illai. !!!!

5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

People who saw the movie on the first day and the premiere special screening have commented that it is good..to quote them .."the legend is back.never stops amazing me"

I don't watch movies at all, and if i watch never in theatres i get headache from the noise..

will also post the review from my husband and friends too..husband is not a fan of any of these heroes..so i am hoping for a better review..

2 people like this.
  7. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

Another vanity self indulging project by kamal

5 people like this.
  8. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

'ammae mudilya'

9. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Being targeted often by political and religious outfits (latest financiers ) time and again for his classy and much more meaningful films, Seems Kamal is slowly losing his edge over others.

If Linga was for Rajini, Uttama Villain is for Kamal

Kamal is his own villain who shoots himself on his foot.thinkingsmiley

Die hard Kamal fans can say he is awesome in his performance. Of course he can not afford to fail in that aspect , given his caliber. What is the difference between him and others ? He truly is a genius. Rather most hurt genius.

Can not imagine how so many great performers could come up with such a mediocre
    performance. Could just the awe of having legends in the league be reason for such a product. :idontgetit:
    It is not that they failed miserably with acting, no, everybody except out of place Pooja Kumar ( wonder why is Kamal stuck with her ? because she dances well ?)have done justice to their role. Even the boy who does Kamal's son role.:clap

Had Kamal gone with a single narrative style of depicting only the folklore story, we would have got a laugh riot. Even Kamal mentions in the film that he wants the audience to leave the theatre laughing. Sorry but the so called comedy was mediocre from the performer of to name just a few Michael,madana.. or Pancha thanthiram... Why left Crazy Mohan ?

I feel that in a rush to show his gratitude towards his mentor K.Balachander, he ended up doing injustice to the story and the end product.:confused2:

Why Kamal thought K.B could only do a director's role in a movie with him? He could've used his mentor's acting skills in a more fitting manner. But thanks to this film, younger generations will get to know what a creative Brahma did as an actor.

We can not stop comparing the character of bowing out superstar Manoranjan, which Kamal plays with the real hero Kamal. Time to retrospect.

I am sure Kamal will return to his original self in presenting a confusion free, neat treatment of story and screen play.

I pray for smooth release of his up coming movies not only for Kamal's good but also for movie lovers who deserve to see a true performer at his best.

3 people like this.
  10. curlytweethere

curlytweethere Platinum IL'ite

After all the hype i was not interested in watching but then had to accompany dh.. First intro song made me feel what is this guy doing..is he trying to have the mass introduction song (likes of mahesh babu,pawan kalyan) if so he failed miserable... thanks to his costumes showing out his pot belly (agreed he has aged but come hero of the movie with all flashy youngster costume). If you have patience to sit through this then rest of the movie is watchable...Its good compared to all the recent villaian bashing movies. Its all about an actor who gets to know he has very less time left and what he wants to do during the days he counts down..

1 person likes this.