1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Uthama Villain, 1st Day 1st Show Anyone?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by kaniths, May 1, 2015.

How was the Movie?

Poll closed May 11, 2015.
  1. Poor

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Average

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. Superrr 10/10

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

:confused2:

Lol! Perfectly said...laugh1smiley

If only he did what he does best, just acting not poking his nose in direction, screenplay, dialogues etc.. Leaving all that too the experts like u say. Ramesh Aravind became a scapegoat, Kamal being the ghost director. This ain't first time Kamal has killed his movie with his own efforts!!

Isn't that meant to b that way? Everywhere else its being interpreted as slapstick only. thinkingsmiley

2. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

watched yesterday my review is as follows :

1. Good entertainment
    2. some parts are too stretched
    3. concept is good but too complicated to understand
    4. He chose the role to match his age and maturity not like ranjini still thinks he can kill hundreds in one punch :p

2 people like this.
  3. ash34

ash34 New IL'ite

Watched the movie and its a very good effort from kamal.Proved again that he is definitely a genius .

First thing, he is doing a role of an actor who has grown up kids, so obviously the so called middle aged man is going to dance bit slow unlike an youngster, with some belly showing up and the first song with pooja kumar is an example to show the audience how he looks/acts/dances onscreen as an actor.
    And pooja kumar is not a young heroine either.She is already 38 years old, go check in wiki.

When pooja(the princess in the story) was imprisoned , didnt you notice they cut her hair?
    Regarding her overacting, she was assumed by the king and his men as mad girl and she tries to maintain that mad girl image inorder to save herself.The overacting is because of that people.
    Although the hero manoranjan and his mentor decides to make a comedy film , the film that they made is not that humorous IMHO.
    But did you guys notice the final lines where the hiranya says he wont allow his blood(son) call somebody as his God, it was brilliantly used to convey a message that his daughter finally agreed kamal as his father.Just perfect lines apt for both the tracks.Only kamal can write such impressive lines .
    The only thing that was unreasonable was the affair between the doctor and the actor.How much ever he tries to show hiself as a good human cum actor, the affair cannot be justified.

Last but not least, the art direction was mindblowing and so is the cinematography.Kamal's emotional scenes just makes our eyes wet as usual.

2 people like this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

We do, you know, get that she acts as a 'Mad Person' but the said 'act' is actually a bit off the mark, performance wise, & that's what is being mentioned here. In the scene where she makes uttamar sit on the tiger, she is being herself if you remember rightly, Not the mad girl she acts otherwise. But both sides of her char just sucked due to her poor acting skills or atleast in everyone's humble opinion here.

5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Surprised to see quite a lot of bashing for the film here. I loved the film and enjoyed every minute of it. It's been a long time since I sat and enjoyed a Kamal's film and this film made up for it.

Don't have the luxury to comment on the technical side or performance now. Will come back later to do so. But in short, the movie was just brilliant and everyone has done their parts well! Kudos to the team!

1 person likes this.
  6. Soch

Soch Silver IL'ite

Movie was good. Before going people told that its a flop. But when I started watching I liked the movie. Comedy part i also did not laugh, but My 10 yrs DD did laugh for those scenes. She also said that she liked Nasser.

I like the scence where he convice the Balachander for making movie," I dont have time to say Thank you or Sorry for people around me".

Everyone had done justice to their role.

Overall its good Movie.

1 person likes this.
  7. LordIsMyHope

LordIsMyHope Bronze IL'ite

I was expecting more about this movie.For me it was quite boring that too his 8th century story was so boring(Eventhough, i felt so good to listen pure tamil dialogues).The only new thing is reel life hero is mrithyunjay and real life actor is suffering a life threatning disease.Songs are ok.I didnt like andrea.Pooja was ok .MS Baskar and Urvashi was good.
    I don't know what people are thinking if famous actor acts or famous director directs their fans making it as big.

After all movies are meant for Entertainment and can be for social message not to bore people.Whoever acts,directs,edits,lights if it is good then good.If they want me to sit 3 hrs and wait because he has done n number of superb movies that is not possible.
    Kamal Hassan is a genius but i felt not my kind of movie to watch.

1 person likes this.
  8. VandhenaKrish

VandhenaKrish Silver IL'ite

Yes !! I second that .. I am a great fan of kamal but yes the 8th century part has really disappointed me .. However the story of real life hero and his poignant life has been explained well ..Still it's not as we expected ... Kamal was / is a nice treat for his fans' eyes ..

2 people like this.
  9. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

The best movies of Kamal was IMO Mahanadi, Anbeshivam. These are the 2 movies which always be in everyones heart for his performance. Other than that I always felt even though Kamal does so much , be it a make up like dasaavtaram, or little apu I really didnt like any of them. Visvaroopam OMg only beacuse of the controversy i think it reached to people otherwise it would nt have been a worth watch.

2 people like this.
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I think he voluntarily creates that hype around his movie to motivate / drive audience to aleast watch it once... Else it might go unnoticed in C & D cinemas.

1 person likes this.