1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

How was OK Kanmani Movie - A Mani Rathnam's Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by munchy89, Apr 22, 2015.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Alaipayudhey any day a better and more charming movie..

parashraj love story was awesome.

first half not much. chemistry between Duquesne nithya but second half the chemistry btw them was very good.

cannot help but miss madhavan despite dulquer looking good.

heroine was refreshing.not the typical model looks but can connect with real life beauties.dressing was natural.

music was good.

alaipayudhey wins ANYDAY despite dating 15 yrs back.am sure the younger generation will also agree.be it the cast or music or locations

2. YoginiVenkat

YoginiVenkat Silver IL'ite

I loved the movie.. me and my hubby just enjoyed it..But not to compare with Alaipaayuthae.. Alaipaayuthae had its own style and cast, and so is OKK..But guess Maniratnam missed Sujatha for dialogues..

1 person likes this.
  3. MyselfandI

MyselfandI Silver IL'ite

good chemistry between the lead actors nice and pleasant to watch

4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,
    Along with your comments and reviews, what would you rate this movie out of ***** (5 stars) ?

How to "Rate This Movie"?
    Go to "Rate This Thread" menu on the top right of this thread.
    You will see the current rating.
    Choose your rating (1 star -> 5 stars) and click on Vote Now.
    This will add to the current rating and will start displaying the 'average rating' for the movie as per the IL'ites!!

5. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

hi, i like the heroine very much,she is pretty.songs and bgm too good and refreshing.old couple character is good.no fight scenes, no separate comedy track.yet movie is nice.but story its new to tamil cinema .little bit hard to digest for me.o.k.k. is a o.k.kind of film can watch once.

6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Am i the only one that did not like Dulquer. I felt he was just having one sly expression all the time. it was not cute or charming like Arvindswamy or Madhavan...

Sigh .. I'm growing old may be

3 people like this.
  7. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Crappy Movie !!! Utter waste.
    But as LIHM and JAM pointed out, according to Suhasini Auntie I am not qualified to type the review.. just because I own a Mac and can type using the keyboard.

The movie Neither justified Live-in nor marriage.

What was VJ Ramya doing in the movie..??? Just simply flaunting her hair here and there. Her name is 'Ananya' (Sounded like a Tamil name.no doubt..but definitely..not a christian name).. Arranged marriage. H is from U.S and marriage in a church. !!! After that H absconds till the fag end of the movie and she continues with a oldie called 'Buddy'.. (Really !!! Buddy !!! Buddy !!! Very irritating. That is not how youngsters talk in Mumbai)..

Hero was not convincing as 'Aditya Varadarajan'.. he would have been convincing as 'Aditya Nair' or 'Abhishek Nair' (I didn't know he was mammooty's son until I searched his biodata after seeing the movie). And what was that stupid stunt he was pulling in his office on the first day ?. He would have been shown the door had it really happened.... Except him everyone else in that crowd were oldies.. (Again cast & crew by suhasini auntie I guess. All 80s supporting actors).

Heroine had enchanting eyes and was very expressive. But I didn't like her costumes. She was looking good in some outfits...But many were the '80s' outfit..like the zebra crossing skirt and red full hand shirt. (Maybe Suhasini auntie designed them).
    Dont understand why the heroine was shown as coming from a wealthy affluent family in cbe. To justify the live-in ??

There was no spark between the hero and heroine..He probably wanted to create the 'mobile syndrome'. The scene was so tasteless and unromantic... And the hero and heroine go on a coffee date and get hooked up !!!!!!!! So boring !! And what was the herione's ex role ? He was looking like another insane guy escaped from Kilpauk. And he was given a scene to search the heroine..just to justify his role in the first scene )Whew !!! really.. The heroine runs and hides herself from him.??? Such an outgoing and dashing herione .. who could mess up with a guy.. runs and hides when she comes across the guy again ??? Wouldn't that kind of girl mess up with him every time she sees him ?

From nowhere 'Ganapthy' uncle becomes forward minded and allows a 'live-in'. I wonder why Mani chose a Mumbai setup. Does he think previous gen folks in Mumbai readily agree for these stupid ideas that youngsters bring forward ? Or he was scared that he will be thrashed if the setup was in TN ? The girls sings her way into the house with her BF. Hmm.. I will forgive this scene. Maybe this was required to propel the story.. However it would have been more convincing if the hero and heroine opted to stay separate in a chawl.. (That is where you get the most affordable rooms for a live-in couple in Mumbai).

Why did the Hero wanted to marry the Heroine and then allow her to pursue her dreams ? .Well. what I don't understand is .. what compelled him to marry if they are not going to be together for some years ? Is it like . you and I are licensed for each other and can't date other people ??? Completely blown-off. Why do you live-in ? Why do you marry ? This clearly shows that Mani hasn't understood why couple prefer to live-in or why they prefer to marry !!!!!!!!

Ganapthy uncle and Bhavani auntie were good. (See..Mani can think his age). The roles were convincing and more romantic than his lead roles.
    Mumbai ..was shown in all glamour. (PC rocks) Worli Sea Face office (hmmmmm...) mumbai buses. rains.. trains (hey... mani.. tell me the rail route that is soooo empty!?.. you can hardly breathe in mumbai trains..even in the first class).
    And what was about 'Mumbai 2.0' game ? Was that the comedy track ?? Bad taste !!

Do the current GEN call their GFs kanmani.. kothamalli etc??? They all talk intelligently..not so silly !!!
    It was very boring.. I was yawning most of the time. And hey..why do most of them purchase a suit before coming to the U.S ? :)

6 people like this.
  8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Ranchu,
    I think nobody can replace Arvindswamy :)

9. smuruga

smuruga Senior IL'ite

Yes I felt the same too Mani sir has not justified live-in or marriage.....It's a pure entertainment movie.....Not a good story line. Maniratnam touches the current topics every now and then but never goes deep into it. Not a must watch movie...

10. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

1 (For music)
    0.5(For Ganapthy & Bhavani roles)