1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

translation from tamil to english

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sayika, Jul 20, 2014.

1. sayika

sayika New IL'ite

சோளம் வெதக்கையிலே சொல்லிப்புட்டு போன புள்ளே ...., சோளம் வெளைஞ்சு காத்து கிடக்கு சோடி கிளி இங்கே இருக்கு, சொன்ன சொல்லு என்ன ஆச்சு தங்கமே கட்டழகி, எனக்கு நல்லதொரு பதில சொல்லு குங்கும பொட்டழகி"

Can someone help? Thanks a lot.

2. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

So, you can read tamil, but not understand it? Thats bizzare? Can you explain the reason behind your question?

The meaning is basically, the lover ( male ) is waiting for his lover ( female ) to come back and asks, where are you? The corn which we planted at the time you left is all ripe now but you haven't returned yet.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

சோளம்(corn) வெதக்கையிலே(sowing) சொல்லிப்புட்டு(took your leave) போன(went) புள்ளே(girlie) ...., சோளம்(corn) வெளைஞ்சு(grew) காத்து(waiting) கிடக்கு(here) சோடி(partner/spouse) கிளி(parrot)இங்கே(here) இருக்கு(is there), சொன்ன(told) சொல்லு(word) என்ன(what) ஆச்சு(happened)தங்கமே(goldie) கட்டழகி(good structure girl), எனக்கு(for me) நல்லதொரு(good) பதில(answer) சொல்லு(tell) குங்கும பொட்டழகி(kumkum-round thilak beauty)

in short this is a rant by a farmer who finds it tough to get a girl for the relationship.

1 person likes this.
  4. sayika

sayika New IL'ite

Frommars
    Are you mad at me? Sorry if I annoyed you. I cannot read tamil nor understand it. Just copy paste from facebook when friends of mine who have very good taste in music post something. Do you suggest that I don't do it in future? Do let me know.

1 person likes this.
  5. sayika

sayika New IL'ite

Thanks again nemesis. I really appreciate your help. I am shifting to coimbatore soon. Looking forward to some more help when I start my tamil classes. :thankyou2:

2 people like this.