1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Movies that have impacted us and stayed on our all time favorite list

Discussion in 'Movies' started by LotusAura, Jul 17, 2014.

1. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

Suspense - Kaun (Hindi)
    Romance - North 24 katham (Malayalam)
    DDLJ
    Comedy -Death at a funeral

1 person likes this.
  2. Subhashree4u

Subhashree4u Senior IL'ite

The movie which impacted me a lot is
    JAb we met (Hindi)
    when I was in a very cornered situation, I saw that movie accidentally. Really I learnt how to handle situations cool from that movie.that heroine will be very clear in her logic. "Whatever I decide, consequences are mine, I live my life". I follow that in my life
    even now, when I feel stressed, I watch that movie kanden kaadhalai (Tamil) and feel very much relaxed.
    Thanku for this thread, this is my first post, so don't know whether I have written properly

2 people like this.
  3. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Most of them saying 'Sound of Music' ..... it is a very sweet movie yet very deep.

They once made a remake in Telugu "Rao gari illu"...but it only covered the romance and the other woman subject...It actually missed aspects like the fun-nun, making an escape (from Nazis) and teenage-love aspects from 'sound of music'. It made a good hit in telugu but audience shd have seen the real one, more worthy movie.

4. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

my list would be
    life is beautiful.... some scenes between father and son in a Jewish camp made my eyes wet.
    the shwashank redemption again emotional relation between two prisoners...i liked the short story by Stephen king
    shutter island book is also good
    to kill a mocking bird liked book also
    to sir with love wow both book n movie
    the help
    * actually when i started making my list here i found that i liked the movies which i had already loved while reading the books.

1 person likes this.
  5. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

There was a Hindi remake of it too called Parichay, which was actually a very decent movie & had some lovely songs; though a far cry from the original.

1 person likes this.
  6. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

I must add Charlie Chaplin's 'City Lights' and Modern Times' just changed the way I viewed comedy. They're a league of their own.

7. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

So many good old movies... Recently in Hollywood, Inception, I liked the concept, I love Leo...;-)

in Indian movies...few Tamil movies... Mysskin movies..

2 people like this.
  8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

American Beauty, Scarface, Driving Ms. Daisy and Usual Suspects - these three Hollywood, I never get tired of watching!

Hindi - I am a big sucker for Bollywood gangster type movies. Maqbool is an all time favorite, with Omkara a close second. I am very eagerly waiting for Haider... obviously Vishal Bharadwaj is a favorite director of mine! Apart from these, Aavishkar (Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore), Alaap (Amitabh and Rekha), Abhimaan (Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan) Chashm-e-baddoor (Farooq Sheikh and Deepti Naval), Masoom (Naseer and Shabana) and generally all of Amol Palekar's movies are very close to my heart.

Tamil - Avargal is an all time favorite, for dealing with a subject that was so bold during its time - a working woman, divorcee, single mom... I really like Sujata. And thalaivar in a negative role is just great! Mahanadi, Gauravam, Anjali, Subramaniapuram, Neram are all favorites!

1 person likes this.
  9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Oh yeah.... the movie was when I truly fell in love with Sanjeev Kumar for being so handsome!!! :)

Though Kishore Da's musafir hoonh yaaron was probably the more popular tune, my personal favorites from the movie are beeti na bitaaye raina and the mitwa bole...

1 person likes this.
  10. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

'Aitraaz' enacted by Akshay Kumar, Kareena and Priyanka. I always remember this story.

Such a strong script. It would be unbelievable if some one tells this story happened to him in real life. That much complicated is the script. But the story telling way makes it very much believable while watching the movie. The Court scenes and arguments in this movie, still lingers in my mind, though I saw it ten years back.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    2 people like this.