1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best Movie Endings in Tamil Movies ( and Openings )

Discussion in 'Movies' started by FromMars, Jul 1, 2014.

1. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

While I have fun watching the hero bash up the villain in the end, I have to admit, the ending which bring a lump in the throat and a tear in the eye are the ones I cherish.

I was watching the movie Kaavalan and I have to admit, its unconventional ending made the movie endearing. Here are the movie climaxes which I remember that got my eyes wet:

1. Kaadhalukku Mariyadhai: The scene where the two families meet, Shalini was truly exceptional with her sad and yet curious eyes on what is going to happen next look, Vijay's somber looks and an uncomfortable Srividya and Malayalam actress Lalitha. Very well made scene!!

2. Kaavalan: The ending took my by surprise and I didn't see it coming. I had to rewind the movie in the my mind to go over what exactly happened.

3. Poove Poochoodava: I was really small when I saw this and I don't think I understood the movie as much, but I did cry at the end. I saw it as a teenager and as an adult. When Padmini bring the 'calling bell' and screws to the front porch, it always created strong feelings.

The irony is all 3 movies I can remember are from Malayalam directors.

I was going to leave with just the endings but when I think of openings, there is one movie which comes so strong and hits me, I can't stop. While climax is supposed to stir you up, this movie did this with the opening, probably the best movie opening I have ever seen.

The prize goes to 'Punnagai Mannan'. The movie starts with a song and Kamal Marrying Rekha in a forest. We don't know what is going to hit us next. It is slowly revealed in between the song. Hats off to Director Balachander and of course one of best acted scenes by one and only Kamal Hassan.

What are your favorite movie endings and openings?

Please keep this spoiler free. If you have to reveal, do warn.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    4 people like this.

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

With ending, I liked Mounam pesiyadhey! it was a big surprise for me !

4 people like this.
  3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Can't really think of movies with "best" endings now. But I think Pizza had a really good ending wherein you are left guessing at the fate of the hero.

5 people like this.
  4. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

For me Kadhalukku Mariyathai climax was ultimate.

Most of the movies end in railway station/air port/bus stop and the ending is almost predictable.. But I liked Mouna Raagam ;-)

Uyire, unexpected but was perfect ending for a story on a terrorist n the one who loves her..

4 people like this.
  5. muthu21

muthu21 Gold IL'ite

when i think of movie endings i am always reminded of the thriller ones "pizza" (only one in tamil.. if it had been english there are many) and "naduvula konjam pakatha kanom" always brings smile "ennaaachu....???"

3 people like this.
  6. minjagan

minjagan Gold IL'ite

I like the climax of the movie "Theivathirumagal".. ultimate acting of vikram and the little one nila...
    I cant stop my tears...... there are lot of movies which has touched me....ll put it when it hit my mind...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    3 people like this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

En bommakutty amma.. not sure whether I wrote the title perfectly. That was the first Tamil movie that I watched. I was still a kid then, but I watched it several times after that too. Liked the movie and the unpredictable-sad ending.

3 people like this.
  8. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

En bommukutty ammavukku

1 person likes this.
  9. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

I didn't see Mounam Pesiyadhe. Not sure if its worth a watch.

I think Pizza's twist in the later half of the movie was very impressive. I think the last scene was more of a customary ending as with most movies of this genre.

NKPK ofcourse was an awesome movie. Ending was cute.

Didn't catch this flick either.

10. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Of course, En Bommukutty Ammavukku was a classy movie. Again from Fazil who has this skill mastered. How he plays with human emotions.

Kannathil Mutham ittal never made a impace with me, maybe because Fazil squeezed all emotion in the above movie.

I still remember the scene where the priest walk back dejected from Suhasini's house. She tells him not to visit anymore. The movie is filled with powerful scenes like this.

The climax of course was awesome. Suhasini, Satyaraj, Raghuvaran, Rekha, all of them reacting differently.

This was also the first movie which I saw as a kid and noticed how wonderfully the husband and wife relation was depicted between Satyaraj and Suhasini. There was lot of respect between the two, they loved each other and were both strong characters.

Great movie!!

1 person likes this.