1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best Movie Endings in Tamil Movies ( and Openings )

Discussion in 'Movies' started by FromMars, Jul 1, 2014.

1. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

I could tolerate him when compare to our great captain Vijayakanth...sema...:biggrin2:..
    Anyone notice it???In most of our captain films, heroine used to run behind him....she used to propose him and jollifyinghim..but our great hero wont give even a look or he would tease the heroine ..aank...Harhar...

Another good start is, "Varusham Padhiaru"..its a flashback kinda film....

5 people like this.
  2. Sharmilalat

Sharmilalat Senior IL'ite

Among the recent movies I like the ending of varutha padatha valibar sangam. It was hilarious watching satyaraj with his serious look & end up sodaparan with a comedic ending!

2 people like this.
  3. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Mozhi was a well made film. Very inspiring.

I don't remember if I saw Kannathil Muthamital. Some scenes I can remember but not the entire movie. I don't watch Mani movies nowadays. Didn't see Raavan. Guru I saw but was a painful experience.

The reviews weren't great, so, didn't see this one either. I saw Man Karate for about 45 minutes and was bored with it and stopped. EthirNeechal was good though.

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I remember watching En Bommakutty Ammavukku when I was young and I thought it was a good film. But a few months back, I happened to catch this same film on tv and thought of watching it...boy was it a bad idea! The movie was soo boring! And many of the scenes seemed so artificial and fake...The height of it all was the Raghuvaran-Sathyaraj dance! Seriously,Fazil must be complimented for his guts alone for even imagining that the two of them could pull it off! (They didn't of course!)

Comparatively, I thought Chinna Kannama's ending was so heart wrenching! Of course, Baby Shamili was irritating throughout the film but the scene where she catches Karthik hiding from her at the railway station and questions him on why he left her...aaaah, that was really sad!

3 people like this.
  5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Oh yes, Varusham 16! How can I forget that? Of course when the movie starts with Karthik coming out the jail, you knew something bad and sad had happened to him but a few minutes into the flashback, you totally forget about the jail scene and start travelling with Karthik in his journey of good memories. That is probably why Kushbu's death comes as a shock in the climax. And when you see Karthik coming with a handcuff to see her dead body, you just can't help but silently pray that the director changed the ending into a happy one instead!

5 people like this.
  6. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

I haven't watch En Bommu Kutti Ammavukku recently. But if you think it hasn't aged well, you should watch Varusham 16 again. Lot of the scenes involving Karthik and Kushbu will seem like harassment. By the time the ending comes, you won't feel the same as you felt when you saw it years back.

Scenes involving VKR are horrible.

7. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I like Poove Unakaga 's climax...Different and unexpected

1 person likes this.
  8. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Errr... they seemed like harassment to me even back then. In any event, wasn't that what the director was trying to portray anyway? Karthik (or Kannan) was no angel and he was portrayed as an arrogant, hot-headed and stubborn guy who was so used to getting what he wanted. So when Radhika tries to stay away from him, he took it as a sign of her defying him and thus constantly ragged and harassed her for it. And I think that's what made the character clicked. At a time where heroes are shown to be goody two shoes, Kannan was a character that comes as a breath of fresh air. Here was a guy who didn't need to be constantly good and endearing. He was lovable yet devilish; endearing yet full of arrogance; a hero with just the right amount of villain characteristics in him.

1 person likes this.
  9. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

I don't know, I was too young when I saw it first. But when I saw it again, I found Karthik's behavior sick and Kushboo telling that she loved him since she was small even more sicker.

The bathroom humor was an insult to humanity.

In a movie, one should be rooting for the hero and I saw no purpose to do so. I didn't find his character to be endearing or lovable.

Everything seemed twisted and convoluted.

But that's just my opinion.

I shudder thinking about watching this movie and don't feel like recommending this to anyone.

10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Well, opinions differ :) I for one thought that it was a really well-made film. In any event, I can't comment much on your opinion because I don't fall under the category of viewers who roots only for the hero. To me, a hero is mainly a lead character in a film, who should have connectivity with the audience. In that sense, he should be allowed to make mistakes like any other humans and not seen merely as a larger-than-life image. An MGR sort of hero who sees no wrong, speaks no wrong and does no wrong is definitely not my cup of tea.

2 people like this.