1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watched Kochadaiiyaan

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sharanyadevi, May 23, 2014.

1. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Kochadaiiyaan released at Kuwait on 22nd May..
    Saw the first show..people were very less.. May be because no one was aware of the releasing. Being the fan of Thalaivar I Wanted to see the first show and made it...

Defenitely a good movie..
    Story line was clear and nice..music scores the full mark..everything was perfect..
    But my personal feeling is like .. whatever technology or 3d animation etc etc.. It was like a normal animated movie atleast for me. May be because I am not aware of these technologies...
    I felt it will be a defenite hit..but again the other category might think it as a cartoon movie..

Rajini's introduction scene could have been better..but the later part Rana.. Kochadaiiyaan and Sena characters was too good... I loved the dialogues..nice nice movie..guess if it is a hit there will be part-2 since the ending had a note of " to be continued"

If it was a real movie rather than animated...it would have gone to another level..and Thalaivar fans could have enjoyed more...

21 people like this.

2. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Wow, that's a relief. Really want this movie to be liked. Thalaivar deserves it!!!

3 people like this.
  3. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Nice to hear that sharanya, thanks for the review.

2 people like this.
  4. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

Thank heavens!! Quite relieved, as FromMars said ;-) At least Rajini would be spared the ignominy of chalking up a flop!
    Now I only hope whatever success that comes with this movie DOESN'T inspire the director to try out a sequel, at least with Rajini as the main lead!

9 people like this.
  5. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the positive review about thalaivar Film sharanya... so eagerly waiting to watch it now....

1 person likes this.
  6. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for the review.. I was hesitating so much to even check this thread.. Phew! What a relief.. I booked the tickets 2 days ago.. I could get only for 27th.. No matter how the movie is I will watch it... But it feels good to know that it's a nice movie so our thalaivar escapes from a bigger loss... :)

6 people like this.
  7. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

The overall reviews are positive; IMDB rated 8.3, which is really good! Nowhere K.S. Ravikumar's name is seen?? I thought K.S.R will share the credits for Direction with Soundarya.

3 people like this.
  8. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

I watched the movie!!! Felt it was OK - will probably have a decent run, purely because of fans.

The storyline is pretty flat, I thought...nice story, but quite predictable. In fact, there were a couple of scenes where I thought there definitely would be a twist, but my 10 year old son thought not...and he happened to be right!

Animation - As Saranya had already pointed out, it had a cartoon-ish feel (kind of expected that). The fight and dance sequences were well made, but there was no 'performance capture' as far as facial emotions were concerned. This was quite obvious in the intro scene - I suppose it was meant to be Rajini's trademark slow smile, but it simply looked like a grimace, IMO :) Then there was another intense scene, where one of the characters was supposed to be crying, but seemed to be smiling painfully instead (it was Shobana, of all people, and she's got one of the most expressive faces around!) As a typical Tamil film, there was lots of focus on emotions and hence, a lot of close-up shots - but it's hard to empathize with the characters if they are simply having glazed-over eyes and a couple of tear drops on their cheeks!

Dialogues - liked it a lot! But at times Rajini's diction took away some of the "old-time" feel...especially when the Tamizh "zha" came out as "la"...

Music, background score - both excellent - carried the film through in many places

Many characters were wasted, IMO...Shobana had a dance sequence, as expected; and a Kannagi-like dialogue - but that was it. Still trying to figure out what Sarath Kumar's role was - he was there, and then he was not! I thought he'd make an appearance at the final stages - suppose the director's saving that up for the sequel ;-) The Nagesh animation was surprisingly good!

Summing up - it's a decent venture. Enjoyed watching it, purely as a Rajini fan - he'd given it his all. But his presence has been quite limited, honestly....the best bits were the action and dance sequences, and quite obviously it was not Rajini who was doing all that. Then there was the famed walk and hand flicking movements - but the way it was 'performance captured', it could have been Livingston doing it back stage, for all one knows!!

And why in the world is the movie called "Kochadaiyan"? At the risk of posting a spoiler, I'd say Kochadaiyan himself had a pretty short run...it was the other character, Rana, all the way. Then, in what is supposed to be a last-gasp twist, the director introduces a new character at the very end (probably paving way for a sequel). So looks like we can expect a tweet about the animated "Rana" pretty soon!

6 people like this.
  9. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kavuthuttiyae Ani... Thalaivar ai poi Livingston oda compare pannalama..
    faintingsmiley

[Disaster.. Why did you compare him with livingston.. of all ppl , you could have mentioned some mimicry artist.. ]

5 people like this.
  10. goodygoody

goodygoody Senior IL'ite

watched kochadaiyaan today.
    movie is ok.its definitely a new experience watching famous indian faces in 3d.
    personally I liked it but it could be even better.
    dialouges are very good by ks ravikumar
    music is ok
    I can feel the power of rajini voice.
    first I couldnt identify it as sarathkumar,other characters were looki ng close to perfect.
    deepika padukone doesnt seems to be suitable for this character,eventhough I like deepika.
    some of the bgm track was very good.atlast this is defnitely a treat to rajni fans.
    but very well attempted.

3 people like this.