1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Watched Kochadaiiyaan

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sharanyadevi, May 23, 2014.

1. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

It was more or less like a private screening as we were one of the two families in the theater! The movie could overall be praised for its brave attempt and the boldness to invest the cash in something different. Being a crazy Rajini fan, I felt the movie was kind of soporific. However, I did enjoy some scenes, not all. I found it difficult to relate to the story.

Unlike other thalaivar movies, I did not travel with him. For instance, be it Thalapathi or Baasha, we would gel with the character and go through the romance and other emotions together. Somewhere the movie fails to bond with the audience.

For people expecting Rajini-ambience, then yes, it is not as great as expected. But it was a good attempt which made me think where do we Indians lag. Gollum in Hobbit and Avatar characters where also enacted and animated by Performance Capture technique. Should we have more focused, we could have got a better movie.

Certain scenes really did deserve applause, like Kochadaaiyaan's fight, the dance and stuff. But the merits outweigh the demerits because of the factor "Rajinikanth" and it was a brave attempt. However, I am proud that Thalaivar has been immortalised as my grandchildren could still watch my favorite Thalaivar as the way I did! But this is just a start. Among the movies which focuses on the common mass and only masala, this was a wonderful attempt from a young woman! She deserves applause for this , certainly!

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I agree with you DKI. In one of Soundarya's interview, she stated that things which were impossible to be done in movies, were now made possible due to motion capture. But with technology and graphics, all those impossible are made possible nevertheless. Enthiran for instance proves how technology has come a long way in movies. So why not invest in that rather than in motion capture animation? Or even make a full animation film? Kochadaiyaan was neither here nor there. So to even call it as an achievement is quite an insult actually.

2 people like this.
  3. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Haha Sof, You hit the bulls eye again :thumbsup
    Now a Q to you, whom do you think would've directed if its a real movie? We can think of many names but not the one who 'wants' to be called a director right? ;-)
    So its not a question of whether Rajini 'can' do or not.. Its a Q of what 'she' can do lol.. That too for this half baked product, too much build up :-D

4 people like this.
  4. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

But one thing, even after Rajini saying that he didn't like the first 10 minutes of the movie, people were/are ready to watch. I doubt any other actor would have that much guts to criticise about his/her own movie before the release... He is the only Super star...

3 people like this.
  5. manitat

manitat Silver IL'ite

plastic rajini sucks

6. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

I really liked the movie. I didn't see it as a animation movie.. the story line was too good to think of the rest.