1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Screen Debuts

Discussion in 'Movies' started by GaythriV, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Yes Sof, Kausalya was another lucky heroine to have bagged a lead role in a movie which turned to a blockbuster. But unlike Kanaga who didnt get to be a lead in hit movies, Kausalya managed to win Pooveli, Priyamudan, Nerukku Ner.

Ramba was a big surprise. Though her first movie Uzhavan was a major flop, she came back with a hit 'Ullathai Allithaa' and stayed No. 1 for a while. Reading about her in Wikipedia, I was surprised that she was in the industry for 5 years before she became famous, any other actress would have stamped 'Unlucky', Ramba sure won the race.

Some actresses who were smart enough to realise that Movie industry is not for them after their first flop : Roshini Sishya], Amogha Jay Jay], Farheen [ Kalaignan - (but wiki says she has announced comeback)]

3 people like this.
  2. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

3. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

that roshni from "shishya"movie is jothika's sister

2 people like this.
  4. Anjelin

Anjelin Gold IL'ite

Amogha is still trying her luck with different names Priyanka, Nisha..

5. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

'Aval Oru Thodarkadhai' directed by K.Balachandar is a debut movie for many.
    Sujatha, 'fatafat' Jayalakshmi, and Jayaganesh all three made their start from this movie who are no more now.
    [​IMG]

Both Rajini and KB have the habbit of introducing atleast one actor from Kannada field in their movie. In the beginning there is not a single movie without a Kannada actor.

3 people like this.
  6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I think the above holds true for Ajith too. Honestly, I actually thought Ajith's first film was Aasai cos that's where I saw him first. The same Wiki Kadavul said that he has been acting in films since 1990, all of which flopped before he finally got a big break in 1995 through Aasai.:hatsoff

Amogha yes, thought she would make it big with her cute face but unfortunately she couldn't. Like Anjelin said, she did change her names several times. Probably hoping her lucks will turn better with the change of name but til date she remains as an unlucky actress.

2 people like this.
  7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Rajini introduced Kannada actors??

8. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Tulips, apart from heroines who left after their first movies became flops, there are also some who never made it despite making their debut in hit/above average films, no?

The Kadhal Mannan girl- The movie did reasonably well, at least according to Ajith who claimed that this was his first hit after 5 flops in a row. Not sure why the girl left though. Not much of an actress but she does have pretty eyes and a beautiful smile.

Bhavana- sad to say this but she is truly an unlucky heroine in Tamil. After the hit Chittiram Pesudathi, everyone thought she would make it big but sadly all her films, including the promising Veyyil never gave her the break she needed.

Anu Hassan- Despite giving a wonderful performance in Indra, I guess Anu herself knew that she was not a heroine material. So she made the transformation into a character artist instead before slowly leaving the industry for good.

Girija of Idhayathai Thirudathey- how can I forget my amazing Mani's discovery?? It will always remain as a million dollar question on why she left the industry. She had the looks, she had such a dream debut (romancing with the hot Nagarjuna, I mean come on, who wouldn't want that???) and she was an amazing actress but yet she left soon after giving one of the biggest hit of the year. Why? Why? I wonder why?

4 people like this.
  9. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

prashanth's debut movie vaigasi porantachu. i think he did well in that movie.

1 person likes this.
  10. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

karthik and radha was introduced on alaigal oivathilai. both of them won their place in india cinema and both had many super hits and long lasting movies.
    and their children, gautham karthik and tulasi nair were introduced together in kadal which was a commercial failure.

3 people like this.