1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thegidi-Any Reviews??

Discussion in 'Movies' started by muthu21, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Saw Thegidi. Good one. Everyone acted well. So a sequel ???

2. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

After long time a good thriller,murder movie. I guessed the villan very easily. Screen play was as usual. But very good concept.

3. muthu21

muthu21 Gold IL'ite

yeah there should be.. pinna VALLABHAI yaarunu theriya venama??

1 person likes this.
  4. ram88

ram88 Platinum IL'ite

it was an interesting thriller in a new plot...worth watching ..

5. ram88

ram88 Platinum IL'ite

VALLABHA must be Jayaprakash !!!

6. rekas

rekas Silver IL'ite

Thegidi... which was good movie more than i thought it.... first when my husband was telling tat come-on let watch thegidi.. i asked him "thegidi ah ena idhu evlo kevalamana peru peruku etha madiri padamu kevalama dhan irukum" but after watching i take back my words.. movie title is different and story is very thrilling and screenplay also very good.

1 person likes this.
  7. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

infact the movie made me dread my decision to ahve taken an accidental insurance!!

8. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I watched the film. Liked the concept but the execution was not there yet.

A good attempt at thriller in Tamil movie but wished they didn't make it so predictable, which in my opinion had "killed" the thrills. A better choice of actors could have done wonders. The Sailesh role for instance- the moment the camera focus on him the first time, we somehow had the feeling that he is going to be bad news so when the car window is wound down and we see his face, it didn't turn out to be shocking at all.

Similarly, the killings too were so predictable. The one who dies in the river and Kamalakannan- we knew exactly when they were going to die. The professor's reasoning for being part of the gang is again so cliched. How long are we going to hear the same old "they never appreciated me. I need money for my mother" etc etc etc?

About the actors- Ashok Selvan looks really good. In fact, I felt as if he looks like a younger version of Madhavan- very cute! But he needs to work on his expressions. On the other hand, I'm not quite certain why they had such a build up for his character. Does one has to be really, really observant to be a detective? What he finally does (collecting pictures and details) could have been easily done by a normal PI right? And what's the whole thing about him not needing a handphone? Was it really necessary in the film that they have to highlight it a number of times?

Janani Iyer, not sure why but I don't quite like her. Something about her doesn't seem to strike right. Jayaprakash was okay. He wasn't really need for a role like this.

Okay a question- the group had targeted people who bought accidental insurance and are with no relatives. When Vetri inquired Madhu about this, she said that she never bought any accidental insurance at all. So how did her name came in the database? Did I miss something there?

@Ram88- you think Vallabhai is Jayaprakash? Hmmm...I somehow thought it was Vetri's father.

2 people like this.
  9. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

sofea,
    the insurance was not bought by the people. sailesh's gang target a certain group of people and purchase insurance on their name and kill them to get the sum.

sofea, the way u critic is very good. u can replace s.sani.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

Sofea,
    If u remember.. ashok selvan will ask the same question... whether an insuranc ecan be taken on a person without his knowledge.. n he wud get a replly as an s..saying the only way the insurance has been taken is to intimate the user.. which very well can be avoided if planned properly..

i expected that jayaprakash might have been vallabha.. but if he is vallabha.. ders no meaning for the interrogation scene at the insurance company.. n he wud not have led the hero to dese places... instead he wud have alerted his partners in crime...

ya while he took the paper from sailesh house n ot turned to be a policy number.. i knew its abt killin ppl with accidental insurance

1 person likes this.