1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Movie Trailers

Discussion in 'Movies' started by vandanarajesh, Feb 26, 2014.

1. vandanarajesh

vandanarajesh Bronze IL'ite

Vidya Balan and Farhan Akhtar come together in Shaadi Ke Side Effects releasing Friday 28th February . Check out the trailer. I simply loved Farhan Akhtar in Rock On and Bhag Milkha Bhaag and Vidya Balan in Parineeta and Kahaani and waiting to see this.

Shaadi Ke Side Effects Trailer
    Shaadi-Ke-Side-Effects-Pics.jpg

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.

2. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

Hi there,

The recent release in Bollywood of Shaadi Ke Side Effects is a very god movie. Also the Promos and the banners make one of the Best Celebrity Pictures Gallery

The performances are impressive. Here, Farhan takes the lead but Vidya, Vir Das (Farhan's friend) and Ila Arun (their babysitter) show immense talent in the spaces provided for them.
    Farhan, with a perfect comic timing and an amazing expertise in cracking jokes with a flat face, shines with his own talent.
    In some of the emotionally-intense scenes, especially in the second half of the movie. Vidya's skills leave you spellbound. She also plays the nagging, irritating wife to the hilt. Interestingly, she also turns into this woman who wants to forgive the husband, only if he would have done the same, and aces the act completely.
    Vir Das perfects the cool dude personna while Ila Arun is her charming best as a loving and self-respecting caretaker. Ram Kapoor plays Vidya's brother-in-law in his own style which is pure fun.
    Though the film largely uses done-to-death husband-wife jokes, there are a few high points. Sample these:
    After having a scary dream that his child has the face of his mom-in-law, Farhan discusses his apprehensions with his friends. One of his friends says, "Saas ke shaqal ke bacche! Sahi hai daily thappad maaro. (Having kids with you mom-in-law's face would be awesome, you can daily slap them in the face!)"
    Sometime after the child is born and Farhan feels detached from the family, a neighbour (Purab Kohli) comes filling in for every task in the household. Farhan thinks aloud, "I felt like Sehwag. Ek do match kharab kya khele team se hi nikaal diya aur naya young, player rakh liya! (I felt like Sehwag, I just played bad in a few matches and was kicked out of the team!)
    The first half of the movie is good with mostly light moments. Farhan's character comes across as lovable during Vidya's pregnancy, shown in a crisp, tight and small sequence.

The script keeps the characters and situations rooted to reality. That connects the audience with Shaadi Ke Side Effects.

3. vandanarajesh

That is a really nice review sunita. Have you had the chance to watch Queen..lot of good reviews of the movie going around..waiting to see it as soon as the exams are over:)

4. vandanarajesh

Kochadaiiyaan trailer Kochadaiiyaan Trailer

First time in Indian cinema, the motion capture technology similar to that used in Avatar is being used.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  5. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I saw shaadi ki side effect and did not like it much. I failed to understand why till the end dad had no connection to the child ie, even after he choose to stay as a ' family man'

It was an average movie even I liked both actors.