1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrity Interviews

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ILoveTulips, Jan 15, 2014.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Recently I watched and enjoyed 'Coffee with DD' episode with Radhika Sarathkumar and Sripriya. Both the guests were funny and lively. My friend and I had good time quoting some funny things they said. It got me wondering: we don't have many celebrities who interviews well. Interviews of some actors/actresses are a pain to watch. Its surprising to see an actor can roar pages of punch dialogues, but would take forever to finish a line in interviews. It only proves that they are only capable of reciting lines from paper, but don't have anything original to say!
    So I am opening this thread to discuss celebrity interviews, their public speeches. Who do you think are funny, witty, sharp and answers to the point? On the other hand who do you think is lame? You are welcome to quote their lines to make the thread more interesting..

7 people like this.

2. ILoveTulips

Kamal Hassan's interviews are always a pleasure to watch. He is witty, clever in dodging problematic questions and he can be satiric if he wants. Radhika and Nassar are good speakers.
    Most of the current actor/actresses interviews fall in 'can't sit through the whole interview' category. I can't watch Vijay's interviews.

6 people like this.
  3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Welcome ILT !
    You are back with a bang..
    I did see the interview you are talking about and felt that Sripriya sounded like a rowdy.. Radhika was all talk but turned out very mild.

Rajini interview is always boring. he's not a ppl person.

For some reason Ajith completely avoids all interviews on special programs.

2 people like this.
  4. ILoveTulips

Thanks for your warm welcome dear Ranch. Missed you all a great deal. Hoping to interact with you all again.

I agree about Ajith Ranchu. I am really interested to see how he does in interviews. I remember him speaking in a public gathering once. He didn't speak first, but someone provoked him so he came to the mike to retort. He said, 'Cinemava Cinemavaa irukka vidunga; Arasiyal aakaadheenga' [Let the Cinema be Cinema; Don't turn into Politics].

1 person likes this.
  5. ILoveTulips

Hey Sofea is here too... :banana

1 person likes this.
  6. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

prabu devas interviews are a disaster. I wonder that fellow could even direct a movie. I loved ranvir in kwk. at that time I wished it was for 2 hrs. rajinis interviews are intrstng. I also liked. nayan taras interview once. tamil interviews are intrstng. they dare to ask controversial ques where as in telugu they r limited to same old boring ques.

1 person likes this.
  7. ILoveTulips

Hi Oysterzzz, I too like Rajini's stage speeches. He can be funny and very very serious at the same time. I liked Nayantara too, though not as good as Radhika, she is better compared to other heroines. I lost touch with tamil interviews and after long time I watched the Coffee with DD episode, and was surprised that nowadays the hosts shoot controversial questions and the guests are bold in their answers. Only after reading your comment it occurred to me that I have never seen Prabu deva speaking in public or in interviews. But I bet he would be having that 'samathu payyan' [goody-goody] image, folding his hands during his interviews. I hate when these heroes act like a shy bride.
    Just remembered a few: Kushboo gives good 'counters'; Gangai Amaran is a nuisance. Ex-director cum comedian Manobala boldly questioned Gangai Amaran, who was then a judge in a talent show, and the latter just folded unable to answer. :( That was funny to watch. I will try to get the link of the video clip.

2 people like this.
  8. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

ILT,

If you have not seen coffee with DD , then I'd say watch Nayantara episode (DD would be praising her beyond levels, ignore that. but watch out for her comment on Wedding). and Watch the Trisha episode (she talks about Rana).

4 people like this.
  9. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

ILT!!! My soulmateeeee!!!!hugsmiley Welcome back!!!!!! :welcome

"Anthanaal...! Nyabagam....! Nenjile....! Vandathe...! ThozhiyE! Thozhiye! Thozhiye!![​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

By the way, regarding the thread, I must say that I absolutely love the Radhika-Sripriya interview. Ranch, yes Sripriya sounded like a rowdy but she was just sooo hilarious, don't you think? I loved the way she made jokes spontaneously!

The part where she talks about the 50 years old man who approached her to say that he was a big fan of hers when he was a young boy.
    "Appo naan kooda chinna ponnuthan! Naanga yenna porakkum bOthe 40 vayasu kulanthaiya-va poranthom?" Seriously, that was a laugh1smileymoment!

"Anniki kooda naanga rendu perum padam paarka pOnum! First half naan thunggithen, second half ivanga thunggithangga!":biglaugh

Radhika was mild compared to Sripriya but she was truly bold during the rapid fire round!
    "Over-rated actress?" - "Tammanna!"
    "Ippo irukira heroes ellam upper body maintain pannuraanga but kaalu mattum kuchi kuchiya vetchikittu irukaanga!"gigglingsmiley

7 people like this.