1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrity Interviews

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ILoveTulips, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Among the celebrities, Radhika is a darling of interviews and speech. She's truly entertaining! Sripriya took me by surprise though.

Another old-time actress that I was pleasantly surprised with is Nalini. I've seen her being a serious heroine and later when she did all the villi characters. Never in my wildest dream did I think that she would be so jovial and funny in interviews. The one where she appeared with Vadivukarasi in Koffee with Anu was really good!

Among guys, I think Sathyaraj is really entertaining in interviews! He's one person who doesn't mind making fun of himself. I remember Swarnamalya asking him if he doesn't feel embarrassed of going out in public without a wig, to which he said that he'll be more embarrassed if the wig he wears falls down in public! LOL!

5 people like this.
  2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Like you Tuls, I too can't stand Vijay's interview and speeches. He is so expressionless and hams throughout the interview. After all these years, he can at least take the trouble to learn on how to give good interviews!

Ajith- I used to like his interviews earlier. I mean when he was much younger. He used to give bold answers back then. But now he hardly gives any interviews. The last I saw of him was the one where he appears in Jaya TV, I think. He was still bold but has mellowed down a lot.

Surya is a pain, I must say. That guy can go on and on boasting about the sacrifices he made for his films, and pretty much has nothing coherent to talk. The same goes for his brother as well!

But I enjoy Arya's interviews. He can be very funny when he wants too!

Among today's heroines, Nayanthara is good- she speaks in a clear voice and gives valid points. Trisha is a pain with her peterish attitude. Anushka mumbles her words through; Sneha is always giggly; Hanshika is too childish; Anjali talks like a small-town rowdy. One actress who gives really good interview is Parvathy Menon of Maryan fame. She has the brains and knows what she's talking and can really interact as well!

6 people like this.
  3. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

I too loved nalini's interview.There is some innocence and she talks clearly.
    vadivukkarasi--today saw her chit chat.It was nice.

2 people like this.
  4. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Nowadays I can never stand Aryaa's interviews because his answer to almost all the questions is none other than 'Nayantara'.. :bang Be it interviews or any stage shows he never hesitates to openly flirt with Nayan :p she seems to be enjoying it too.. this makes me feel that therz soemthing gng on between the two ;-) btw Nayantara is very bold and clear in her interviews I would say..

3 people like this.
  5. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

I liked this , what one question you dont want to be asked by others ?
    "Neenga yen gunda aayitteenga" , :-D
    She told ,"Yarachum venum nu gunda aavangala " :-D

7 people like this.
  6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely Sof, if it's Radhika's turn in grand functions, I would not move my eyes from the TV. I watched Kamal's 50 years in movie industry celebration. Radhika's was the best I would say, even better than Rajinikanth's. She was very funny and jolly. She brought most of Kamal's heroines to the stage and made everybody to say few words about him.
    I remember this part from her speech which made the whole auditorium roar with laughter. She was praising Kamal's acting talent and how he turns into the character itself. She recounted an incident where they were shooting a romantic scene and from Kamal's romantic expressions she believed that Kamal was truly in love with her; and that only later she realised even if there was an 'erumaimadu' [bull] instead of her, he would have had the same expression. :rotfl

7 people like this.
  7. ILoveTulips

Oh yes, I like Sathyaraj's interviews. He come up with quick and clever responses. Once when he was asked about the 'Thiruttu DVDs' and the interviewer [a lady in gaudy silk saree] defensively said, 'nowadays tickets are very costly that's why people choose to get these pirated dvds'. He immediately retorted, 'If the silk sarees are costly, would you go and steal from the shops?'. The lady was faintingsmiley

5 people like this.
  8. ILoveTulips

Sofea and Varhem,
    I have never watched Nalini and Vadivukarasi's interviews. I can think of Vadivukarasi being funny, but not Nalini. I am tempted to search for that video now.. :)
    NaveenaSasi, I cant believe Arya's open flirting... :bonk

9. ILoveTulips

Those were really LOL lines you both shared. When Sripriya was asked, 'Were there any movie that you regret working?' She replied, 'there are lots'. When DD insisted to name them, 'Adheppadi solradhu? Ella padathukkum kaasu vaangi irukkomla?' [We have been paid for all the movies we did no matter we liked them or not, so cant I name them - it wont be fair].

When she was asked if any co-stars flirted with her, she said 'Yes', but wont name them because,'avanga vaazhkai baadhikkum'.

She also said she once walked out of the shooting spot annoyed by the co-star who kept directing her, 'Un dialogue-ey unakku ozhunga pesa theriyala'.. :D

I wish either of them expressed their thoughts on today's cine industry where their heroes are still heroes, and only choose to act with younger heroines.

6 people like this.
  10. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

ILT,

This was previous season when Anu Hassan was presenting. Search in youtube.