1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrity Interviews

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ILoveTulips, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Athu sollunga! Looking at the guest lists of Koffee with DD, one can understand why they had to play it safe (knowing very well that DD wouldn't be able to tackle any of the bigger league groups). Apart from Radhika-Sripriya and Prathap-Yugi, they hardly have any senior and profound artists coming in. Most of the guests are there only to promote their latest movies and give mokka jokes.

This is so dramatically different from the time Anu used to host the show. She used to have celebrities from the movie world to music and even sports coming to her show and each and every episode was so enlightening. In fact, I think Koffee with Anu is one of the rare shows where I saw ARR himself opening up so much about his childhood days. And it was such a delight to watch Kamal's episode too. I can't imagine DD interviewing any of these celebrities. Vijay TV should seriously consider bringing back Anu for the next season

2 people like this.
  2. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

To be fair, one cannot compare anyone to Anu. In fact Suhasini conducted a similar talk show and she had even the likes of Cho shut up by talking so much and not giving him a chance. At least DD doesn't do that.

I know DD can't handle lot of the giants but she comes from a humble background and that she has come this far is great. To me, its not her fault that the show is not good, but the fault of the director, in casting her.

So, please please kindly, give the sweet DD a break.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  3. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Yes this I agree with you.. Yes it's director's fault in casting her.. Hope the director reads these posts and understand the need of new host.

2 people like this.
  4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

LOL, no offence to DD but this thread is specifically about Celebrities Interview. As such, it's quite inevitable that we complain about the interviewer too, isn't it?

By the way, since when did coming from a humble background be regarded as an excuse to refrain from complaining or commenting about so-and-so? If that's a criteria, the we can't comment about any of the celebrities no? Since more than half of them claim to be from a humble background themselves? thinkingsmiley

2 people like this.
  5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Tuls, thankfully 1st season has ended (albeit with DD's sangeet programme-cum-drama). Hopefully, the director comes to his/her senses and bring in a proper interviewer for the 2nd season. In fact, I think the best way would be to bring in a celebrity as a host (in the likes of Anu / Yugi Sethu / Sangeetha). For some reason, most of the tv hosts (except Gopi) seem to have reservation / fear when it comes to interviewing celebrities.

3 people like this.
  6. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Lol How can we not compare when she has substituted Anu? Its fair rt? It would be unfair only if I compare Neeya Naana program with Jodi or Koffee n vice versa...
    We are just comparing Koffe with "Anu" with Koffee with "DD" ;-)
    According to me Ravi Bernad was the only guy who could interview any guest without any bias or fear. Wish he had stayed as a TV personality in a neutral TV channel.
    Sangeetha is comparatively better than DD. But she seems to talk about beauty and looks too much in her show. Sometimes she mocks at average looking actors. Discussing the looks should not happen when the celebrities are supposed to be guests in that show. Its not ethical to invite someone and insult them.

Gauthami was a disaster in the same kind of show she was doing for Sun TV.

2 people like this.