1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Express

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sweety17, Aug 9, 2013.

1. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Was forced to watch this movie by my husband .... even though I had read reviews against it and hated the tamil accent used by Deepika. Tamilians do not speak Tamil like that!!! But 10 minutes into the movie, my husband wanted to stop it :) But dear son loved the colour and dance etc (or maybe it was payback because he had been negotiating for an English movie)

Things that would have made this movie tolerable
    1) Have a Tamil dubbing artist do Deepika's dubbing...That way the Tamil would have been good, and hindi not so good (which would make sense)
    2) Made the villages less studioish and actually gone on site to a nice village and shot
    3) The whole family is fair and good looking....the goondas could also have been made that way. They really must have struggled to find those 3 huge, black, ugly looking villains (and they are supposed to be Deepika's cousins)

I could go on and on...basically I don't like movies which end up mocking language and culture of other people.

1 person likes this.
  2. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Akurachr,

I am replying because there is no super like option. I agree with you 100%

3. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi DKI - Even I felt they showed south indian people in a bad way. I am telugu still I can related to Tamil People and can understand Tamil a bit.

I felt that they showed most of the people very dark and hefty. Not that being dark is a bad thing.

But I didn't like a single thing in tht movie.