1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chennai Express

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sweety17, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

My reason for not watching it is very simple. I stopped liking SRK ever since he started acting in mindless and meaningless movies. Chennai express is set to look like an idiotic film that SRK can be easily associated with. So whether Srk dances with lunghis or underwears, theres no way I'm going to spend money to watch him acting like a fool!

7 people like this.
  2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sofea,

You think he dances in Lungis for that song .. hahahaa.. You still have not understood well about him. He wears a prim suit and dances for Lungi. What a Hypocrite..

And Rajini has called this song as a "Naughty number". He knows well !

3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hated the movie.
    Worst was i took 11 family members along....and spoiled their day too.
    We could have enjoyed eid holiday at home...but Dinny' idea :idea: spoiled it all.

At intermission i thought the story will take off after intermission and i kept waiting...but the story never took off.
    Talents like SRK ,deepika & rohit shetty wasted...

But yes towards the end of cinema i saw SrK of baazigar....luv that man for the kind of intensity he has in his EYES.....muuuaahhhh SRK...will love you forever but cant love your silly movie.SORRY

4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Dinny you choose the relationship forums to vent about this movie but here you took milder side of review... Haa!! Caught you dippy fan (just kidding)

And DP N SRK are talented agreed, but from where rohit shetty got talents!! Tsk tsk tsk you still believe that he has talents... Pity you Dinny!!

As far as I'm concerned, I just didn't liked the trailer and could understand what it would be from the trailer itself. But not because of rajini or something. And I don't encourage any kind of stereotypical materials

And very strangely whenever I m reading about CHennai express or coming across the posters in road I'm reminded of remake of Himmatwala...

5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

You think starting the post with"hated the movie" is mild ???? :rant:

I have posted about that movie in 2 other threads today....just to alert everyone .And still you feel i have given it a MILD REVIEW??? :rant:

I loved golmaal returns....the only rohit shetty movie that i liked.
    He might /might not have talent....but whatever lil he had is wasted in this movie for sure.

6. akurachr

akurachr New IL'ite

Hi frns,
    Watched the movie yday, the movie is total "boukwaaz". Deepika though playing a Tamilian in the movie can hardly pronounce any tamil word properly. The accent used by Deepika in speaking Hindi does not in any way match those used by Tamilians, She has definitely gone overboard. SRK is totally intolerable. The movie is supposed to be comedy, but it hardly manages to put a smile on your face. Those who know Tamil properly will find this movie rediculous, It is a total waste of time and money.:boo:

2 people like this.
  7. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

On seeing the promo I decided I wouldn't see the movie - the reviews confirm that was right :)

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Shah Rukh Khan says he can't stop smiling thanks to the overwhelming response to 'Chennai Express', which released on the auspicious occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr Friday.
    "I can't stop smiling. Till the time I don't stop smiling, the excitement won't settle down," Shah Rukh said at a press conference held here Friday.
    The conference was held at the compound of his Bandra bungalow Mannat, and he was accompanied by 'Chennai Express' director Rohit Shetty.
    Shah Rukh said he is happy with the initial response, but he wants to wait for some more days to see how the film sustains.
    "It is nice that the film is doing well. I want to wait for three to four days. I am happy that people have liked the film and it has opened well," he said.
    However, he didn't know about the film's success in terms of numbers.
    "I don't know how much (business) it has done till now. I just woke up. If a big film releases, I try to refrain for at least two to three days (from counting the collections)," he said.
    Chennai Express has a positive message for women, and Shah Rukh says he is glad it has been able to depict the message in a convincing yet subtle way.
    "The film has a message, but it is not on the face. The film is a made up story. She (Deepika) is a strong woman who runs away from home. We have made a point in the film without making a point of it," he said.
    The film has several Tamil dialogues, but sans subtitles. It was a conscious decision, SRK said.
    "The idea was to show the audience what the hero is going through. Also, love has no language. If we start explaining, then the point is lost. It will spoil the creativity," he added.

9. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Vomit..... Wasted my time Watching this crap.... Sob sob sob sob...

10. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

I have not seen the movie yet, after reading this thread I may skip it, I feel like it is just another way to cause a divide between north and south indians.....That being said I feel like tamil culture is the "in" thing for films and songs, for a while it was punjabi, every movie had a punjabi song in it... enjoy it while it lasts and don't take it tooo serious! movies come and go weekly!