1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

No thread on Raanjhnaa

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mikku, Jun 23, 2013.

1. mikku

mikku Gold IL'ite

Critics have given rave reviews to Dhanush and the movie, haven't watched it yet but quite intrigued....so what are your thoughts on the movie? :)

2. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

I read some review(Hindustan times) and the reviewer started it with, "frankly, i was thinking how i am going to watch a plain looking actor like Dhanush for 2.5 hours".

And all she got was brickbats for such a drab opinion.

"The Hindu" has given some sort of intellectual review, so i guess it will take some time for me to understand it.

3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Yes HINDU has given good review about the movie, and some where other websites / papers reviews are varying... some say its good and some say its dumb....... But its interesting to read those reviews :)

4. mikku

mikku Gold IL'ite

I read the review by Anupama Chopra on HT, seems like I missed that starting line, so uncool of her.
    Did not read the Hindu review....but more reading on Raanjhna makes me not to watch the movie anymore, can't take the crude language and the extreme emotions.

5. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

I watched it! Movie is incredible. Dhanush has done a fantastic job.

1 person likes this.
  6. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Spoke to three people who watched the movie. Some loved it and some said it's a one time watch. I'm going to watch it in the next few weeks.

7. Haya

Haya Gold IL'ite

8. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

yes i too read that it is an extreme emotional film, where Dhanush's love is one sided. Am not sure but the review sounded more of a tragedy kinda movie.

but must say both Dhanush and Sonam look like high school kids for real in one part of the movie

9. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

I too read the review in hindu and ibnlive. Both are positive and says love story with a different message.
    Some dialogues are also cool.
    Many my north indian friends are praising this movie each and every bit is watchable and will watch again.

10. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

Is that Anupama Chopra? Coz I just saw a Youtube review (from a Star channel, I think) - where she started off with precisely those words.

Is this the best opener one of the industry's leading critics can come up with? I know she goes on to praise Dhanush, but seriously, does she go in to a movie expecting to see good-looking hunks all the time? Why go to a movie then? A fashion show would be a better choice!!
    And who are the good-looking movie stars, anyway? Saif Ali Khan? Neil Nitin Mukesh? Emraan Hashmi? Bet their movies are eminently watchable ;-) ;-)

4 people like this.