1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sridevi - was any problems kamalhasan?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by indubalram, Apr 25, 2013.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

did sridevi have problems with kamalhasan, since she was reigning queen in south.
    i know tht after sadma or moondraam piraai she stopped acting in tamil movies till then she was no1

anything on this?

2. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

She was interested in making big and quick money from bollywood. That is why she did not come back to Kollywood.

Her market was more than Kamal and Rajini that time

3. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

Bollywood paid lot more money. She wanted to get recognition all over India rather than South only. So she started to concentrate on Hinid movies.

4. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Many south indian movie stars come to Bollywood. Sridevi was just one of those stars. Money is in Bollywood.

5. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

She went to Bwood to become more popular as an Indian actress and not just 'south' Indian actress. It's not money alone. Telugu industry is more rich and they make movies faster. So by the time one movie is completed in Bwood they complete 2-3 movies in Telugu industry. Sridevi said that she used to shoot for 18 songs in ooty for 5 movies in just one week. That's the reason many Bwood actresses who are interested in making quick money are keen on Telugu Tamil movies.

2 people like this.
  6. sudhajay

sudhajay Silver IL'ite

corrected information... :(

Yes because of moondram pirai movie... Kamalhassan won the national award.. even she expected.. but she didn't get... thats why she got angry and went to Bollywood.. at that time she was working with rajnikanth for anubukku nan adimai.. i think that was her last movie in tamil before going to bollywood...

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  7. ssthek

ssthek Silver IL'ite

i dunno about tamil

she acted in telugu movies till early 90s with chiranjeevi,ventakesh,nagarjun..

and most of her initial hindi movies were telugu dubbed movies ,raghavender rao use to recast her in hindi version same charecter she did in telugu

8. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Contrary to what some "genius" have been claiming, I don't think Bollywood is where the money is, at least not for the heroines. Bollywood probably has a better and wider reach to the public I agree, but as far as money is concerned, heroines are often sidelined in that aspect. That is why you see Bollywood actresses flooding the South films even though they struggle to speak the language.

In any event, it's only at recent times, you get to see heroines like Katrina and Kareena boasting about their high pay. The scene was entirely different back in Sridevi's time. All that the actresses want back then was just recognition. Probably that's why they didn't bother about working hard and getting peanuts in return.

And yes, Anu was right- Sridevi made her money in South where she ruled for close to 2 decades. And although she was out of the Tamil industry, she was still active in Telugu. Ram Gopal Varma made Kshana Kshanam in telugu just so that he can work with her- and that was in 1992, nearly 10 years after Sadma was released.

Its just possible that she stayed in Hindi because of the good offers she was getting. Her acting talents were recognised in Sadma, she was a star after Himmatwala was released and by the time Chandni, Mr. India, Lamhe were released, she was already a superstar in Bollywood. Plus, she also found love along the way and all these probably prompted her to stay on to Bollywood.

9. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

State doesn't decide the national award, why should she get wild for kamal getting the award? Yes she deserves the award but there's no restriction that only either one of the two leads have to get the award.
    She is very close with kamal. When kamal was doing his dream project marudhanayagam, Sri gave her land for the shooting and she did not charge even a single penny for that. Kamal himself had told this in an interview. So she did not stop acting in Tamil becos of kamal. Had she wanted to show her anger, she would've stayed in Tamil industry n avoided acting with kamal :)

10. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Super like sof ;-) :thumbsup
    But I want to tell you something, the main intention of the other post was to trigger north against south n vice versa ;-) I have been observing such repeated posts in our section. Some cannot tolerate gals having fun :-( so my dear friends ignore such provoking posts n continue to gossip/bash/praise all actors irrespective of the region ;-) we are here to have fun and not fight :)
    And sof, ur analytical post would've given big bulb to some ;-)