1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Song from Rani's new movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by foxybeat, Sep 18, 2012.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have already decided and mentioned the same in MMG thread.

3 people like this.
  2. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

i felt it yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk....

1 person likes this.
  3. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

The worst disgusting horrible song ever! I hated it to the core....
    I felt a bit weird when I saw 'O la la' song in TDP. Infact now I feel that Vidya did great justice to that song...But this one is ...
    Everything costume, music, lyrics, choreography etc etc about it is utter nonsense

And is this the same prithvi who acted in 'Mozhi'?? v pathetic..Stars started losing brain for fame & money! God

@ Sofea...your fb is toooo good:)

5 people like this.
  4. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

Hi sofea, agreed that sdm and salaam bombay was a realistic portrayal. and i like the movies as well. but we get patted in the back only when we show these kind of "realistic movies". parallel example is oprah's "you still eat with our hands?" and "are you happy?"etc etc...

Yeah totally revolting lyrics.. I guess that's what is happening in entertainment industry...

Targeting other groups.. But this is not the first time... Reiterating my example of how most Malayali women are portrayed in Tamil movies("Chechi" which means "Akka" has a totally different connotation in Tamil movies.. Of course, how many of you remember "Theradi Veedhiyil" song from Run? If dont understand what I'm saying, just go watch the song once again..

Portraying stereotypes tend to evoke more laughter I guess , be it movies or Russel Peters...

5. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

itsjustme,

Yes all of us feel awkward to see those "Omana" or "chechi" type jokes in tamil movie. It has reduced considerably (compared to those chechi jokes during Goundamani generation) in this generation. But yet we dont laugh or appreciate it. It is equally disgusting like this Song.

What sofea was pointing out is your original comment that we should "laugh this out" like sardarji jokes and should not take it seriously.
    Well , clearly we cant.
    This forum is a place where we vent out our frustrations about these directors. Its not that those directors are going to read this and value our feedback, but its just for our satisfaction to voice out what we think. Hope you understand.

5 people like this.
  6. itsjustme

itsjustme Silver IL'ite

Hi Ranchu,

Again, let me clarify that I am not for laughing at Sardarji jokes.. I dont do that either..

What I meant is, if there are people who can laugh at Sardar jokes, they should take this song in the same sense..... What I meant is South Indian movies are also equally to be blamed...

And if you follow standup comedians like Russel Peters and Maz Jobrani, this song wouldn't even qualify as offensive or risque. Try sitting in the front row for a show, you will feel like running away.

And no, all those "Chechi" jokes haven't reduced a bit, I can give you a list of movies after 2005, that have such kind of jokes...

Of course,this is just a debate, as every thread in every forum is.. It is not about people who post it, it is just about the topic... ,right?:):)

Well, I watched the song twice to follow the lyrics after reading this thread, so ultimately, the producer's intent is fulfilled, whether we like it or not!!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  7. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Rani following the foot step of Vidya Balan(Dirty Picture).....I dont think it will be a hit!!
    And the hero is looking like a younger brother/ dewar of Rani....

Didn't they get a same aged hero!!!

8. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Prithvi is making fool of himself. reminds me of heroes of shakeela's movies

5 people like this.
  9. Ranchu

LOL ... That is an awesome comparison ...

1 person likes this.
  10. Ranchu

Itsjustme,

You are again using the wrong comparison.
    OFcourse I follow Russell peters .. His stand-up comedy is based on facts what indians do abroad (he even mocks Chinese and every other race).
    But his comedy is based on facts. So yes you relate to that and laugh it out. (or may be try to change the behavior after laughing over it).
    Again not everyone love such standup comedies. This is targeted for those audience who enjoy the comedy part of it.

This song however degrades the tamil movies and it has more side-effects associated with it .
    Again in this song , we are not condoning the part where Rani says "I love dark men" , because we know for a fact that most (not all) men in South are of Dark skin. But singing such vulgar lyrics and mocking South Movies is not correct.
    Disco Shanthi / Silk had a graceful movement when they did item numbers. Its not cheap like this song.

I dont understand why you had to mention this .. Should I not address you or Quote you in my posts ?:confused2::idontgetit:

3 people like this.